Salary: $15.99; Schedule: To Be Determined
Cook: Under direction of Food Service Supervisor, assists in the operation of a school cafeteria, planning with the supervisor the receiving and accounting for foodstuffs and supplies. Under supervision, is responsible for preparing, cooking and serving a variety of food to a large number of persons and in cleaning up the dining room and kitchen after meals. Assists and supervises student helpers in serving, sanitation, care of equipment and personal neatness.
Custodian: Under general supervision: to provide students with an attractive, safe, and natural environment in which to learn. Plan, perform custodial and light maintenance work in the Biggs Unified School District; and perform other assigned duties.
1. Operates a school cafeteria.
2. Works with the Food Service Supervisor for receiving and accounting of foodstuffs and supplies weekly.
3. Responsible for following menu, preparing and cooking a variety of food to a large number of persons and in cleaning up the dining room and kitchen after meals.
4. If assigned to a satellite kitchen, works in the central kitchen until time to report to assigned school cafeteria.
5. Packs steam cart and is responsible for the amounts of food necessary to feed at the satellite kitchen.
6. If assigned to the high school kitchen, may additionally be responsible to serve pre-prepared or semi-prepared nutritious mid-morning brunches and breakfast.
7. Maintains daily production sheets.
8. Trains and supervises student helpers in serving, sanitation, care of equipment and personal neatness.
9. Cleans corridors after school each day, and during the day when their condition requires it.
10. Scrubs and disinfects toilets, toilet floors, drinking fountains, and all sanitary fixtures daily.
11. Washes all windows on both the inside and outside at least twice each year, and more frequently if necessary.
12. Keeps all floors in clean and attractive conditions and in a good state of preservation.
13. Reports major repairs needed promptly to the Business Manager and Reports immediately to the Principal and the Business Manager any damage to school property
14. Moves furniture or equipment within buildings as required for various activities and as directed.
15. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Business Manager and Food Service Supervisor.
Minimum Education and Experience