North Valley Catholic Social Service
City: Corning & Chico
Are you enthusiastic about making a difference in the lives of low-income immigrant populations? We are looking for a Bilingual Case Manager who is passionate in assisting these families with their immigration needs. The primary responsibilities will be assisting affirmative applications including, but not limited to family-based applications, Deferred Action Childhood Arrivals (DACA), naturalization, citizenship, and U-Visa applications, You will have the opportunities to be trained with the Immigration Legal Services (ILS) team and will become a DOJ Accredited Representative.
Examples of Duties:
- Manage cases per application type, which may include creating, maintaining and organizing well-documented case files and assist in completion of applications
- Advocate for clients and collaborate with government agencies, medical providers, schools, social workers, medical health professionals and community partners to obtain necessary evidence
- Revise immigration petitions and applications to ensure accuracy
- Schedule and coordinate appointments for clients
- Provide general administrative support, including copying, scanning, mailing, data entry and translating documents
- Attend trainings and keeping accurate records of training history and stay up to date on USCIS filing requirements
- Perform related duties as requested or assigned
$21.86 (Step A) – $23.19 (Step C)
Minimum Employment Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree. Bilingual in Spanish, have cultural proficiency and be able to translate documentations. Experience in case management or experience working with the immigrant population is preferred. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively engage and connect with families. Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects to meet deadlines. Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Basic computer skills and general knowledge of Google and Microsoft platforms.
Work Schedule: 40 Hours Per Week, Monday-Friday, may include nights, weekends and holidays as required
Benefits Package: At NVCSS, our benefit program includes monetary and non-monetary benefits that are carefully designed to support the entirety of your life, both personally and professionally. This position is eligible to participate in our benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, Employee Assistance Program (EAP) and group and voluntary life insurance and AD&D. Other benefits include leave of absences, generous holiday pay, paid sick and vacation time off, and retirement programs.
NVCSS provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
11/08/2023Minimum Education and Experience