Rolling Hills Clinic
Corning & Red Bluff locations
Supervises Health Clinic Billers and Coders to ensure all billing information is accurate and documentation is
correct. Works closely with the Director of RCM in providing billing information or reports as needed. Works
with minimum amount of direct supervision. This position may require travel between Rolling Hills Clinic
sites to help fill temporary staffing vacancies and/or shortages.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the billing process so that the patient claims are processed in a timely fashion.
- Implement and update the Insurance payment collection and posting policy.
- Ensure denials are researched and re-billed promptly.
- Coordinate completion of Provider Enrollment Applications for appropriate staff and assists in completion of applications for insurance contracts.
- Participates in continuing education to improve skills and abilities and stay abreast of current medical
and dental insurance/government regulations and requirements.
- Be familiar with HIPAA and other federal and state regulations relating to patient files, medical records, and patient registration.
- Work with the front office supervisor to assure that the front office is obtaining the correct billing information on each patient and entering the required information into either ECW or Open Dental.
- Develops and maintains a procedure manual for the billers to ensure uniformity and ease of training for new staff members.
- Understand and efficiently be able to provide back-up for staff supervised.
- Stays current with the eligibility requirements and alternate resources for new patient programs.
- Follow up with all Medi-Cal, Medicare, and Private Insurance ongoing updates and requirements.
- Supervises the Coders, Medical, and Dental billers work schedule.
- Prepare the monthly billing reports with the proper information requested.
- Prepare and provide monthly and yearly information to the appropriate Clinic Directors as needed.
- Exhibits a high degree of courtesy, tact, and poise when interacting with patients, families, and other healthcare professionals.
- Special program/billing planning and implementation.
- Communicate with the Director of RCM regarding areas of concern, compliance issues, as well as suggestions for improvement.
- Employee Safety: Safely performs all duties; follows required protective protocols to ensure personal safety as well the safety of others.
- Must maintain compliance with ergonomic safety standards; be mindful of posture and regularly practice ergonomic stretches.
- Safety: Responsible for ensuring that all duties, responsibilities, and operations are performed with the utmost regard for the safety and health of all personnel involved, including themselves.
- Safety: Take appropriate corrective actions to address matters pertaining to employee health and safety that have been brought to their attention.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- High School diploma or GED. Certified Professional Coder preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in the healthcare industry is required, with supervisory experience preferred.
- 1-2 years’ experience credentialing utilizing applicable websites such as CAQH, PECOS.
- Knowledgeable with local and health state programs such as Medi-Cal, Medicare, CMSP, and CHDP is preferred.
- Experience with Indian Health Services is preferred.
- Willingness to develop additional skills as needed.
- Be able to maintain a professional and courteous attitude with patients and fellow employees.
- Ability to work collaboratively with multiple health professionals in a busy and complex environment using tact, diplomacy, and discipline.
- Ability to understand and adhere to established policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Acute attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player.
Minimum 18 years of age
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Interpret complex laws, regulations, and/or policies
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Understand and respond to a diverse population
Go to http://rhclinic.org/employment