Builders Supply Utility Clerk
General Information: This an hourly position as a sales/utility counter clerk, in the Chester Builders Supply store of the Collins Companies.
- Customer assistance. Seeing that every customer receives prompt courteous attention.
- Counter sales. Account and cash sales by way of cash and credit cards. Counting back cash back including refunds. Learning and understanding Builders Supplies point of sale system.
- Special order purchasing and sales. Responsible for researching and purchasing special order items per customer request. Entering Purchase Orders to be received and later sold. Calling and dealing with vendors. Understanding lumber board footage.
- Inventory Maintenance. Stocking and cleaning merchandise/shelves. This includes having the ability to lift reasonably heavy items. Performing daily merchandise maintenance in point of sale system.
- Taking orders for delivery. Working with management to set up deliveries from contractor and counter sales.
- Forklift operation. All Builders Supply staff is required to pass forklift certification.
- Maintaining a clean safe workplace.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Basic product hardware and construction material knowledge.
- Basic computer skills.
- Good communication skills / work well with staff and public.
- Ability to multitask.
- Keep a current driver’s license.
- Have clean hygiene and positive attitude.
$16.25 per hour plus medical/dental/vision benefits.
Job Closing Date
Open until filled
Apply online or call (530) 258-4412
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities