- Safe, defensive driving practices
- California Motor Vehicle Code applicable to the operation of vehicles in public transportation
- Basic maintenance of transit vehicles and related equipment
- California Commercial Driver Handbook
- Operating a transit vehicle safely
- Maintaining order among passengers on a bus
- Good customer service skills
- Understanding and implementing verbal and written instructions
- Proper use of two-way radio system
- Establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with co-workers
Education and Experience Required
Completion of twelfth grade or receipt of G.E.D. and a minimum of six months of driving experience in one or more of the following: public transit, a school district transit operation, or driving a commercial vehicle. Possession of the following documents from the State of California: VTT Certificate within three months of hire, Passenger Endorsement Certificate, Class C Vehicle Operator’s License, and Department of Motor Vehicles Medical Certificate/DL-51. Passenger transit driving experience preferred.
Licenses and Certificates
- A Vehicle Transit Training (VTT) Certificate indicating completion of required training administered either by a certified “Vehicle Train the Trainer” instructor or by a State of California Certified Instructor of the appropriate transit classification from the California Department of Education, Office of School Transportation is required within three months of hire
- A Passenger Endorsement Certificate permitting the licensee to operate public transit vehicles equipped with a Gross Vehicle Weight Rating of 26,000 pounds or more.
- All required licenses and certificates must be kept current and valid for the duration of employment
- Possession of current and valid Certification for Operation of a School Bus is highly desirable
- Possession of current and valid Certification for the operation of airbrakes is beneficial, but not required.
For fuller job description please click here:
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, sick and vacation pay.
Wage range: $21.32 to $26.03
Send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.orgMinimum Education and Experience