Red Bluff Joint Union High School District
2021-2022 School Year
$5,000 Signing Bonus – Payment shall be paid as follows: 1st half to be paid if fully certified in first paycheck, or District will pay 1st half at time of completion of certification, and 2nd half to be paid at the end of the 2nd year of service providing the employee is in active paid status and has submitted their intent to return the following school year at the time of the final school year paycheck.
The Red Bluff Joint Union High School District is seeking applicants for a Bus Driver I; Variable hours per day TBD for the school year, 206.5 paid days per year.
SALARY & BENEFITS:
Salary is $17.19 to $18.51 per hour based on Classified Bargaining Agreement and depending on training and experience. Health benefits is based on a tiered rate system according to employee coverage type paid for by the District. Amount of employee contribution will depend on the plan selected.
- Possession of a valid Class A or B, California Commercial Driver License with an air brake and a passenger endorsement
- Possession of a Special Certificate, valid for driving a school bus, issued by the California Highway Patrol, including passage of a first aid examination
- Possession of a current Medical Examination Report and card
- Current training records
- Successful completion of required training to maintain special driver certificate
- Knowledge of safe driver practices
- Ability to learn provisions of the California Motor Vehicle Code and California Education Code
- Ability to drive a school bus safely and effectively
- Ability to maintain order on a school bus
- Ability to learn a prescribed school bus route
- Ability to learn and carry out prescribed safety checks
- Ability to keep and maintain records
- Ability to work cooperatively with parents, students, co-workers and administrators
- As a candidate you must submit to Edjoin.org
a. Letter of Interest
c. Current Resume
d. Copy of required license and certificates
e. Three Letters of Recommendation
- Send all applications and related materials to Edjoin.org. For more information contact Sandy Wallace, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or Zach Pierce, Transportation Supervisor at 530-529-8900
- Upon screening of all application packets, selected applicants will be invited to participate in the interview process. A finalist will be recommended to the Superintendent by the interview panel and the Superintendent will make a recommendation to the Board of Trustees for appointment.
- Successful applicant will be required to undergo a physical examination, pre-employment testing, and a criminal record clearance prior to employment, and provide a current H-6 driving record report.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
The District reserves the right to close or extend the filing deadline when identifying a qualified candidate.
The Red Bluff Joint Union High School District is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender, ethnic group identification, race, ancestry, national origin, religion, color, or mental or physical disability. (Title VI, Title IX, and Section 504 Vocational Rehabilitation)Minimum Education and Experience