Under general supervision, drives school bus on a regularly scheduled route or on activity trips as assigned. Must be willing to perform a variety of duties in the classified services as required and directed by the superintendent, in an effort to maintain the employee’s assigned number of hours and meet district needs.
Wage Rate: $19.85 – $24.42 plus beneifts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operates a school bus daily on an assigned route in accordance with the route sheet
- Safely receives and discharges students at their designated bus stop and school site
- Escorts students across the roadway after traffic is controlled
- Transports students and staff on activity trips to various destinations
- Assists in maintaining the bus and other district vehicles in a clean and safe operating condition
- Is directly responsible for the appropriate conduct of all passengers on the bus
- Complies with district student discipline policies
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned
Knowledge and Ability:
- Knowledge of safe driving practices
- All related sections of the California Vehicle and Education Codes
- All the information contained in the California School Bus Drivers Behind-the-Wheel Guide and Classroom Manual.
Persons performing the duties of this classification will exert 50 to 75 pounds of force to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. This type of work may involve ascending and descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and will involve walking, standing, and sitting for extended periods. Perceive the nature of sound and odors, near and far vision, depth perception, provide oral and written information, the manual dexterity to operate equipment and hand tools, and work with various materials and objects are important aspects of this job. Exposure to adverse weather conditions may occasionally be experienced. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a person with a disability to perform the essential functions of the job.
High School diploma or equivalent. Entry-level position.
LICENSE AND CERTIFICATE REQUIREMENTS:
- California Class B Driver’s License, School Bus Special Certificate, Medical Examiner’s Certificate, and First Aid Qualification.
To Apply: Please visit https://www.edjoin.org/Home/DistrictJobPosting/1821688
Modoc Joint Unified School District is an EOE.CaliforniaClassBDriversLicense,SchoolBusSpecialCertificate,MedicalExaminersCertificateandFirst AidQualificationMinimum Education and Experience