About the Role:
We are looking for a Business Office Manager with an emphasis on accounting, excited to grow with the company. If you are a talented and ambitious individual that enjoys being responsible for daily accounting activities such as accounts receivable/payable, preparation of journal entries, and preparation of financial statements and related schedules, we would love to hear from you. This position will work closely with the Administrator to ensure appropriate visibility of the company’s financial operating performance and metrics to management.
What You will Do Here:
Business Office Management:
• Direct, supervise and evaluate work activities of the billing, accounting, insurance authorization staff.
•Plan, implement, and administer processes as may impact the billing, accounting, insurance authorization staff.
•Properly maintain awareness of advances in data processing technology, government regulations, health insurance changes, and financing options.
•Establish work schedules and assignments for staff according to workload, space, and equipment availability.
•Maintain communication between medical staff and department heads by attending meetings and coordinating interdepartmental functioning.
•Develop and implement organizational policies and procedures for the business office.
Financial accounting and reporting:
• Prepare monthly reconciliations, journal entries, and financial statements.
• Prepare weekly revenue forecast for Administrator
• Analyze Accounts Payable and prepare check runs with the Administrator.
• Analyze and report monthly revenues by payor
• Assist with the preparation and review of the annual budget. Assist with monthly budget reports and program monitoring
• Assist with the preparation and review of the 3-year rolling capital expenditure plan
• Assist with the timely completion and accuracy of audits and prepare schedules for external auditors
• Assist with state registrations and reporting to include quarterly HCAI reporting.
• Maintain hospital chargemaster
• Negotiate and maintain payor contracts
• Ensure all billing complies with federal and state regulations
• Assist with setup of customers and vendors.
• Work cross departmentally for various projects.
•Identify opportunities for process improvements and scalability within day-to-day operations.
•Stay updated on industry trends, competitive landscape, and emerging technologies to drive innovation and maintain a competitive edge.
•Establish and monitor department performance metrics, including productivity, efficiency, and quality measures.
•Drive process improvements and workflow optimization to enhance operational efficiency and effectiveness.
•Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and industry standards.
•Implement and leverage appropriate technologies and systems to support operational initiatives.
We would Love to Hear from You if You Have:
•Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience) in business administration, accounting, or a related field.
•Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in accounting and management.
•Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
•Knowledge of financial and accounting software applications.
•Experience with hospital IP/OP billing including Medicare, MediCal
•Experience with chargemaster maintenance and HCAI reporting
•Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
•Exceptional analytical and problem-solving abilities and an aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
•Accuracy and attention to detail.
•Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of situations where only limited information exists.
•Effective communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build relationships and negotiate with internal and external stakeholders.
•Familiarity with relevant healthcare regulations, compliance requirements, and industry best practices.