Under general supervision, plans, schedules and supervises work crews performing road construction, road and bridge maintenance activities including; gravel and pavement resurfacing; repair and maintenance of potholes, guardrails, curbs, gutters, sidewalks, storm and sanitary sewer systems, and other facilities within the public right of way; and snow and ice removal.
Note: A training and experience evaluation may be utilized to determine an applicant’s ranking among qualified candidates. Based upon information provided in this application including responses to supplemental questions, an applicant’s education, training and experience may be evaluated. Applicants should provide thoughtful and thorough responses to supplemental questions as they play an important role in this recruitment process. All qualifying work experience that is described or included in responses to supplemental questions MUST also be included and detailed in the “Work Experience” section of this application. “See Resume” is not an acceptable response for any supplemental question.
Essential Job Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. The list that follows is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Supervises assigned staff, prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects; counsels, coaches, trains and instructs employees as required.
- Participates in the selection and promotion of personnel.
- Coordinates a variety of administrative activities, including employee scheduling, payroll reporting and report processing.
- Conducts inspections of assigned area of responsibility to evaluate facilities within the right of way for future work.
- Assures that all work is performed in accordance with established safety policies and procedures; provides safety training and investigates all accidents.
- Responds to citizen complaints and requests for information.
- Calculates and prepares cost estimates on the type and quantity of materials, equipment and labor for specific projects; assures that materials are available for each scheduled job.
- Inspects encroachment permits to ensure private contractors and utility companies are in compliance with County standards.
- Maintains daily and monthly logs and reports.
- Schedules the routine maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Performs inspections of bridges during periods of high water levels for drift and debris and schedules work crews for removal; may perform tree-trimming and removal activities
- Responds to emergency call-outs resulting from severe weather, chemical spills or major accidents; may perform traffic control activities during severe weather and hazardous road conditions
- Operates a variety of heavy power driven equipment as needed in the performance of assigned duties.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
How to Apply: For a full description and to apply visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/buttecountycaMinimum Education and Experience