This is an Extra Help Position. Extra Help means this may be a Part-Time or Full-Time, Non-Permanent position. The number of hours worked per week may vary and depend on the needs of the department. For terms and conditions concerning Extra Help with Butte County, see Section 6.13c (Download PDF reader) of the Butte County Personnel Rules.
General Services is currently hiring for shifts that begin at 5:30 a.m. There will be a maximum of 28 hours per week and 1,000 hours per fiscal year. Candidates assigned to work in County Public Safety/Law Enforcement areas may also be subject to additional background check requirements, including local, state and national fingerprinting through agencies such as the Department of Justice and Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Under general direction, performs a variety of duties in supporting grounds maintenance in care of lawns and landscaped areas surrounding County buildings and properties.
Essential Job Functions
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following tasks, knowledge, skills and other characteristics. The list that follows is not intended as a comprehensive list; it is intended to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed, and may be required to perform additional, position-specific tasks.
- Performs a variety of landscape maintenance activities; conducts fertilizing, weed control, seeding and watering procedures; mows, edges walkways and curbs; conducts general clean up of trash clippings, leaves and debris; prunes and trims trees and shrubs; plants and extracts trees; performs brush removal; inspects landscaped areas; loads and hauls materials.
- Conducts repair of irrigation systems and landscapes; sweeps and cleans roadways, pathways and parking areas; patches and fills concrete areas as needed.
- Identifies plants and pests; applies a variety of pesticides to control and eliminate the spread of weeds and pests in beds and unlandscaped areas.
- Performs routine maintenance on tools and motorized machinery; repairs and provides basic maintenance on mowers, chain saws, power leaf blowers, hedge trimmers, weed eaters and other related equipment; changes oil, coolant, hydraulic fluid and filters; removes, sharpens, installs and maintains blades, weed/shrub trimmers and other related equipment; performs minor repairs to grounds tractors and equipment.
- Assists craftworkers with building remodeling, furniture moving; performs clean up duties; assists in the installation of irrigation systems, lawns, planting beds, decorative rock, landscapes and other related activities; assists grounds maintenance worker, senior and/or lead as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
How to Apply: For a full description and to apply visit: http://www.buttecounty.net/humanresourcesOne (1) year of experience in landscape maintenance.Minimum Education and Experience