SUMMARY OF JOB DUTIES:
Performs complex design investigation, analyses, feasibility studies and CAD design for new or modified chambers or components using customer-supplied data. Recommends and implements changes to resolve field problems and evaluates prototypes for design modification to improve product performance and reliability. Provides 3D, CAD models for manufacture of prototypes. Uses high-level discretion to make decisions; refers most difficult question/problems to Engineers, and/or supervisor.
75% Prepares complex drafting/design layouts, drawings, configurations, etc. of customer parts/orders, for the Engineering department.
25% Assists other lower-level Engineering department personnel with drafting and designing problems; maintains all documentation.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon department necessity.
· Prepare, input and maintain data to specific departmental spreadsheets.
· Prepare internal and external departmental correspondence, e g, memos, formal letters/faxes, and/or email format.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
Must possess the following knowledge, skill and ability and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skill and ability.
· Competent in computer operations including 3D, CAD modeling, drafting techniques, and engineering terminology; able to compute complex and highly statistical specifications.
· Familiar with applicable product materials and fabrication manufacturing processes.
· Able to effectively deal with coworkers and customers in a positive and professional manner; able to communicate with others; good verbal and written skills required.
· Able to accurately input and access information using basic computer and software, such as Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Highly organized; high level of detailed accuracy with numbers, written text and data storage/retrieval.
Education: Any combination of education, training and experience equivalent to an AS degree in Computer Aided Design (CAD); or that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the job.
Experience: Minimum 36-months of general drafting/designing experience, plus 24-months of specific CAD, 3D modeling experience within in a metals fabrication/machine shop (or the equivalent).
Safety: 75% inside, climate / noise controlled office environment, 25% manufacturing shop floor; lifting to less than 50 lbs. Eye, hearing and Cleanroom protective equipment must be worn as required.