Title: Cage Cashier
Reports to: Cage Supervisor
Location: Yreka, CA
Salary: Grade Level 4, depending on experience
Classification: Full Time, Regular, Non-Exempt, Non-Entry Level
Responsible for assisting guests with various money-related transactions.
- Safeguard Rain Rock Casino assets and balances assigned bank.
- Redeem Video Lottery Terminal tickets and chips into currency for guests.
- Process Global Cash checks, personal checks and traveler’s checks following strict identification guidelines.
- Maintain Title 31 recordkeeping requirements.
- Exchange coins for cash and makes cash for cash exchanges.
- Issue revenue banks for F&B, Hotel, and cash wallets to Slot Attendants.
- Calculate and redeems Canadian currency according to current foreign exchange rate.
- Attend all departmental staff meetings and quarterly team meetings.
- Provide information and explain Players Club benefits, property amenities & marketing programs to our guests.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Shall be polite and maintain a priority system in accepting other position related job duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS & ENVIRONMENT
- The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
- Must be available to work in a smoke-filled environment.
- Must be able to multitask.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to handle mental and physical stress.
Must be able to move up to 25 pounds.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge and skills or abilities required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- High School diploma or GED (required).
- Must have six (6) to twelve (12) months money-handling experience (required).
- Must have computer experience.
- Good customer service skills
- Good public relations skills; professional appearance and demeanor.
- Must possess reasonable ability to communicate in English.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Good verbal and written communications skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Extensive experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license and be insurable by the RRC’s insurance carrier.
- Willing to travel and participate in training as recommended or required.
- Must have a Tribal Gaming License (or the ability to obtain and maintain a license) as a requirement for this position.
- Must have employment eligibility in the U.S.
- Must adhere to confidentiality policy.
- Must successfully pass a drug screening test and criminal background check.
- Indian preference will be observed in the hiring process.
Veteran’s Preference: It shall be the policy of the Karuk Tribe and Rain Rock Casino to provide preference in hiring to qualified applicants claiming Veteran’s Preference who have been discharged from the United States Armed Forces with honorable and under honorable conditions.Ability to lift up to 25 lbs, must be at least 21 years of ageMinimum Education and Experience