Medical Assistant (PBSP)
$41,544 – $54,636 annual salary
Are you interested in supporting efforts to provide quality mental health care? California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS)/California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation is seeking dedicated professionals, like you, to provide compassionate care to our diverse patient population at Pelican Bay State Prison, located in Crescent City.
To thrive in this position, you must have:
- Proficiency in the fundamental knowledge and principles of medical assisting
- Ability to interact with culturally diverse teammates and patients in a professional and courteous manner
- A valid certificate from a Department of Consumer Affairs Medical Board-approved school to work as a Medical Assistant
In return for your efforts, CCHCS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Competitive salary
- Generous paid time off and holiday schedule
- A variety of medical, dental, and vision insurance options
- Secure State of California pension
- Robust 401(k) and 457 retirement plan options
- And much more
We currently have opportunities at Pelican Bay State Prison in the charming town of Crescent City. Amid nature, or a small-town lifestyle for your family, this may be the perfect opportunity.
Take the first step toward joining our outstanding team and apply online at:
EOE.Certified Medical AssistantMinimum Education and Experience
About California Correctional Health Care Services
California Correctional Health Care Services (CCHCS)
provides care that includes medical, dental and mental health services to California’s incarcerated population at all 34 California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) institutions statewide.
We enhance public safety and promote successful community reintegration through education, treatment and active participation in rehabilitative and restorative justice programs.
To facilitate the successful reintegration of the individuals in our care back to their communities equipped with the tools to be drug-free, healthy, and employable members of society by providing education, treatment, rehabilitative, and restorative justice programs, all in a safe and humane environment.