($20/hr flexible schedule up to 12 hrs/wk) – Must be a College of the Siskiyous student to apply.
The California Health Collaborative is recruiting two College Coordinators to serve on the Smoke-Free
High Country Project. This program takes place in Siskiyou, Plumas and Lassen Counties with a goal to
reduce tobacco-related disparities and advance momentum for a tobacco-free California.
Under general supervision of the Project Director, each College Coordinator supports the planning,
implementation, and evaluation activities of the Smoke Free High Country Project for the assigned
community college campus.
• Consult with Project Director relative to planning, policy, and program direction
• Provide support in the development of educational materials, social media posts, and earned
• Represent the California Health Collaborative at meetings with campus-based faculty and staff,
program and department chairs, school administration, enforcement personnel, etc.
• Research and compile data on public health, tobacco and policy adoption efforts and avenues at
• Coordinate, plan and implement campus-wide events and tabling opportunities
• Recruit and maintain a College Taskforce.
• Coordinate strategy meetings with campus-based groups
• Help to identify and recruit campus-based Policy Champions
• Support the Community Education Coordinator in creating and giving presentations to
stakeholders, campus staff, and administration.
• Enrolled student of one of the targeted colleges (College of the Siskiyous or Lassen College)
• Familiarity with the County the college resides and the campus itself
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and web conferencing programs
• Self-motivated and able to work under minimal supervision
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Comfortable with public speaking
• Reliable transportation
Send cover letter and resume to HR@healthcollaborative.org.