Electricians maintain, construct and repair electrical distribution, lighting, computer and PLC systems within the plant.
Compensation / Schedule
$37.00 per hour. Day or Swing shift 4 days per week 10 hours per day, with regular overtime, occasional weekend work and call-ins.
- Calibrates, designs, reconfigures, assembles, installs, inspects and maintains electrical systems and equipment, such as motors, generators, commutators, speed reducers, switchboards, circuit boards, lighting circuits, SCR, electronic control devices, computers and circuits, etc.; uses blueprints and related resources to complete tasks and checks/verifies work to ensure proper operation
- Uses necessary instruments and tools such as voltmeters, ammeters, V.T.V.M’s, bridges, computers, laptops and any other industrial electrical/electronic analyzing equipment and tools needed in carrying out responsibilities
- Sets up and uses rigging to handle tools and equipment, such as manlifts and cranes; climbs poles or uses mobile equipment to run, repair, modify, remove, clean, etc., power lines and all associated equipment
- Designs, prepares, modifies and maintains logs, reports, charts, schematics, prints and any other paperwork incidental to duties Maintains equipment, work areas, measuring instruments and tools
- Performs minor mechanical work such as removing covers, lids or obstructions prior to electrical repair work; performs cutting and welding; paints electrical/electronic panel, switchgear, motor windings, insulating equipment, control station, etc.
- Changes motors and performs alignments
- Maintains process analyzers
- Performs other duties as assigned by manager
High school diploma/GED, plus Trade or Apprentice program required, or the equivalent combination of related work experience and course work.
- Minimum of 4 years electrician work experience in an industrial environment.
- Experience with or knowledge of all types of equipment used in the manufacturing of cement preferred.
- Able to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to work additional hours when needed.
- Physical requirements: sit, stand, stoop, bend for extended periods of time (up to 8 hrs.), climb, and lift up to 70 lbs.
- Walk on all types of surfaces (uneven and/or slippery ground).
- Ability to work in surroundings that include dust, vibration, heights and confined spaces
- Must work in all weather conditions: heat, cold, wet, dry and/or dusty conditions and near hot kiln process
- Exposure to cement, clay, limestone and various chemicals. See MSDS for more detail
At CalPortland, we’re proud to offer a comprehensive, competitive benefits package that provides health and financial support to our most important resources: our employees. Your benefits are an important part of your overall compensation at CalPortland. That’s why we give you a wide range of benefits to choose from. All regular full time employees may enroll in a variety of health and welfare plans including medical, dental and vision plans. Other benefits include life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, and retirement program. The company also has a variety of voluntary
benefits for employees to choose from.
Conditions of Employment
Successful candidate must submit to post-offer pre-employment physical examination, drug/alcohol screen, and background check.