Job Summary: Under the general supervision of the Camp Coordinator, the Camp Counselor is responsible for implementing programs within Summer Camp curriculum, supervises youth activities, and is the primary person for behavior guidance and youth engagement. Ensures effective working relationships are made with campers, staff and volunteers. Implements programs within the Formula for Impact and five core program areas (Character & Leadership Development, Education & Career Development, The Arts, Health & Life Skills, and Sports, Fitness & Recreation). Must be cooperative, friendly and create a safe and harmonious environment. Required to abide by and support the Club mission, “to inspire and enable all young people to reach their full potential as caring, productive and responsible citizens”.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises and implements camp programs.
- Promotes and stimulates interest in activities through bulletin board displays, flyers, announcements of upcoming programs daily, and newsletter articles & photos;
- Implements camp programs and spontaneous recreational activities;
- Maintains the upkeep, safety, security and appearance of the Boys & Girls Club facilities;
- Supervises, engages and positively interacts with youth campers;
- Ensures that the unit is clean, well-maintained, and attractive;
- Maintains all required paperwork to track programs and member participation;
- Reports supplies needed for facility and programs as needed to supervisor;
- Works with staff and parents/guardians to recognize members for good work and discuss disciplinary problems that may occur at the camp;
- Provides direction for volunteers and interns in order to stimulate participation in programs.
- Abides by the Boys & Girls Clubs of the North Valley Policies & Procedures;
- Attends local trainings and workshops in the field as requested;
- Attends staff meetings as requested;
- Abides by Federal, State and all applicable laws;
- Wears appropriate staff uniform while working at and/or attending Boys & Girls Clubs of the North Valley functions;
- Performs other duties as assigned by Coordinator and Administration.
Disclaimer: The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, not to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
POSITION: Camp Counselor; Youth Development Professional
WAGE: $15.25-17 hr.; Potential ride share and commuter support stipend available
HOURS: 5-8 hours a day; morning and afternoon shifts available.
EMPLOYMENT: Part-time; at-will
$100 Sign-on bonus after the first 60 days of employment.
- First Aid & CPR certified;
- Pass TB test;
- Pass FBI/DOJ Live Scan and overall background check;
- Must be approved as a driver by our Club auto insurance provider;
- 1 to 2 years of experience in summer camp or youth recreational settings a plus; Knowledge of youth development principles, education programs, expanded learning practices, mentoring, coaching, and positive behavior guidance a plus.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Requires the ability to stand, stoop, reach and bend;
- Requires the mobility of arms to reach and dexterity of hands to grasp and manipulate small objects;
- May require to ability to stand for long periods; May require the ability to walk/travel without a vehicle long distances (2 to 3 miles);
- May need to attend evening meetings and/or travel within and out of Butte County to attend meetings as requested;
- May need to work evenings and weekends as requested.
How to Apply: For a full description and to apply: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/Recruiting/Jobs/All/bade588a-c8bb-4e29-83fc-ac8c1b2409f0/BOYS-AND-GIRLS-CLUB-OF-THE-NORTH-VALLEY