Position Title: Field Operations Coordinator
Salary Range: 40k-60K Salary Non-Exempt
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Voluntary Vision, GTL, LTD, FSA, 401K
Description of Job Duties:
· Maintain Daily Field Activity Dashboard and works between office and field managers to facilitate communication and process information.
· Assist HR and Field Management in tasks related to the field, i.e., payroll items, job descriptions, action plans and documentation, etc.
· Communicates with field supervisors to relay relevant information between field and office and assist supervisors with activity documentation (FMS).
· Coordinate the tracking of field KPI’s.
· Works with the management team to complete farm reports including, but not limited to, compliance, watershed, farm activities, supplemental financial reports, and soil & erosion.
· Works directly with Field Managers and Owners to collect information, create reports, manage projects, and track timelines.
· Meets with supervisors in person as needed, in the field, to better understand field requests and activities. Attends Field Supervisor Meetings as needed.
· Coordinates and tracks all harvest activities for the field and huller operations including tracking the crop from the field to the processors, evaluating grading, and assisting in the weekly update reports.
· Consistently update and maintain Ranch Profiles and Ranch mapping/imaging.
· Assists in all other duties/projects as requested by Managers.
· Complete project and tasks as assigned by field management or finance department. These may be one-time projects or routine. Examples of tasks that may be requested are:
o Data entry – historical imports, PGE, irrigation related items, tissue samples
o Assistance with the Chemical Warehouse or any other inventory tracking
o Assisting office staff at Capay Farms events.
o Assist Huller Maintenance tracking (Based on Repairs/Parts Used)
o Coordination of material, vendors, and supplies for Special Projects
o Project permitting and applications for Special Projects (PG&E, etc.)
· Inventory Responsibilities –
– Update inventory warehouse as needed ensure proper part numbers and bar codes. Add new parts to inventory warehouse and Enter All New Part Numbers into Acumatica.
– Perform Monthly Inventory Counts and Reconcile Differences with Acumatica Reports
– Responsible for inventory warehouse Cleanliness & Organization (once a week)
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in administration or operations
· 2-5 years of work experience in a fast-paced environment while wearing multiple hats
· Must have exceptional attention to detail
· Bilingual preferred
· Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize.
· Must be a self-starter and driven
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
· Must be proficient with Microsoft Office and Google products
Reports to: Controller
About Capay Farms, Inc.
Capay Farms was established in 2011 as the orchard management organization for Violich Farms (founded in 1987). Over the past three decades, Violich Farms has become one of the largest growers of almonds and walnuts in the United States. Today, Capay Farms operates approximately 12,000 acres of company-owned, and leased land, and the land of several local farmers. The main office of Capay Farms is located just North of Hamilton City outside of Chico, CA. Capay Farms manages orchards in Glenn, Butte and Tehama counties.
It is rare to find large sections of contiguous farm land in Northern California. Violich Farms is fortunate enough to own Capay Ranch, one of the largest plots of adjoining acreage in the area. With more than 3,800 acres, Capay Ranch allows Violich Farms to more effectively manage their farming inputs and labor resources, providing a lower cost of goods and a distinct competitive advantage.
As one of the largest agricultural managers in the Chico area, Capay Farms is dedicated to giving back to the community. Each year, Capay Farms donates generously to local Northern California organizations. In particular, Capay Farms is committed to providing funding for the arts, athletics, and education.