Modoc Medical Center has an opening for a full time benefited Care Coordinator at our Rural Clinic. Under the direction of the Clinic Manager, the Care Coordinator is responsible for the establishment and ongoing management of relationships between the patient and provider teams at Modoc Medical Center Clinic to implement and facilitate a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCHM) model. This model utilizes a team approach focused on a continuous partnership between the patient, caregiver, physician, hospital, and community resources to provide longitudinal, coordinated care for patients.
Wage Rate: $18.21 – $27.54
Applicant must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Collaborates with patient, family/caregivers, multi-disciplinary team, providers, and community services to develop a comprehensive care plan and promote timely access to care.
- Assists patients through the healthcare system by acting as a patient advocate and navigator for care.
- Assures implementation of care plans throughout the continuum of care.
- Coordinates continuity of patient care with external healthcare organizations and facilities, including referrals from the primary care provider to specialty care providers.
- Effectively communicates care plans and other patient-related information both verbally and in writing to appropriate personnel agencies.
- Promotes clear communication amongst a care team and treating clinicians by ensuring awareness regarding patient care plans.
- Consults with community agencies and/or resources to identify potential resources for resolving patients’ health and related issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Qualifications & Job Requirements (but not limited to):
- High School diploma or equivalency exam required. – Current CPR certification.
- Two years professional experience in a health care environment preferred.
- Care coordination or case management experience is desirable.
- Experience with health IT systems is desirable.
- Is able to communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Is able to see and hear adequately to perform functions of the job.
- Experience leading and teaching individuals and groups.
- Ability to foster a team environment.
Application Process: If interested, apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org/application
Modoc Medical Center is an EOE.Minimum Education and Experience