Job Training Center
Monday-Friday / 8am to 4:30pm
Pay: $14.69 – $18.70 per hour, DOE (Pay differential for bilingual English/Spanish ability) Benefits package included
The Job Training Center is currently seeking a Career Center Advisor to join our team! The Career Center Advisor will assist job seekers and provide basic information related to workforce programs and services; provide information and referrals to employment, training, education and social service programs; utilize knowledge of resume writing, application processes, interview procedures, labor market information and other job seeking techniques to assist in job search and career development.
The following are some, but not all, knowledge and abilities we are seeking:
- Knowledge of up-to-date job search strategies and best practices
- Must enjoy helping others and have proven ability to provide effective, excellent customer service
- Must have strong computer skills, including knowledge of how to navigate various application sites
- Maturity to work with a degree of independence and exercise good judgment in analyzing and solving problems
- Ability to exercise good judgment in assessing customers for job openings
- Knowledge of the local employer community and labor market
- Ability to effectively represent the organization with employers, clients, other agencies
- Experience maintaining records with confidentiality
- Ability to learn and apply federal and state regulations
- Ability to plan and organize time and duties and balance multiple projects effectively
- Must possess a valid state driver’s license, have proof of insurance, and pass a pre-employment drug screen.
To Apply: Submit a Standard Application, resume and cover letter to a JTC staff person and ask to be prescreened. See staff for complete job description. Open until filled.
The Job Training Center is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. 7-1-1 CRS for TTY Users. 2021 SD A proud partner of America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM networkMinimum Education and Experience