Job Title: Career Center Advisor
Type of Job: Regular
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: Under the direction of the Program Supervisor and support from the Program Manager, incumbent will support Self- Service and Informational Activities directing job seekers to available resources and opportunities. In compliance with Federal, State, and Local rules, regulations and guidelines, the incumbent will provide eligibility screening for various Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) programs, other specialty grants, and assure all verification and documentation is accurate, complete and retained in accordance with program requirements. The incumbent will maintain the Management Information System (MIS), CalJobs tracking system, integrated job seeker and employer databases, and perform follow-up services. In addition, the incumbent will assist with program orientations, group-paced computer and other training workshops, and provide clerical support to the integrated cross- functional service team.
- Mission Elements of the Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc.: The organization provides workforce development and training services to eligible participants through the use of WIOA funds. In addition, the organization coordinates AJCC’s, provides employer services to enhance the connection between employers and job seekers, and provides complimentary community and workforce development services through the use of other funding sources (i.e., non-WIOA funds). The mission statement and shared values are contained in the Employee Handbook and are posted in the workplace.
- Position Responsibilities and Duties: Position Responsibilities are rated as part of the employee’s competency-based performance appraisal. Within the parameters established by the Supervisor, and approved policies and procedures, the incumbent is assigned the following position responsibilities and duties:
- Provides Outreach/Orientation to those applying for participation in programs.
- Participate in AJCC orientations providing information related to eligibility for WIOA programs and services under all funding titles. Conducts basic skills testing when appropriate.
- Refer customers to other appropriate community resources available.
- Participate as a member of the integrated Rapid Response team for closures. Assists other programs in AFWD counties with Rapid Response activities and peak eligibility demands.
- Provide assistance to the Program Supervisor, or provide assistance directly to Program Manager, Business Service Representatives, or other programs and contract obligations, e.g. Temporary Job Creation, Community Coordination, or another specific program. As assigned, the incumbent will provide—
- Recruitment assistance to identify eligible participants.
- Assistance with program orientations, administering assessment instruments (not to include interpretation or counseling), preparation of material for program start-up and operation, and collecting and reporting program data.
- Provide input, initiate, and embrace changes that will continually improve our systems and processes to best meet the workforce preparation needs of our communities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Collect Management Information System (MIS) and other program data.
- Responsible for county MIS accuracy and the production of various reports.
- Maintains county files and updated file systems, including integrated job ready candidate pool and available employer data bases.
- Coordinates with the Program Supervisor regarding eligibility and MIS issues meeting multi-county MIS requirements.
- Maintain client-tracking forms. Coordinate all program follow-ups.
- Collect, prepare presentation graphics, and report performance management and program accountability measures relating to workforce development systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Provides assistance to AJCC customers (job seekers and businesses) and determine program eligibility with a high degree of precision and
- Use good time management, organizational, and prioritization skills to balance direct external customer service responsibilities with other internal customer service responsibilities, while coordinating activities with management.
- Professional and in a customer-focused manner, greet and assist customers with self-service and core services as well as referrals to various services and agencies within the AJCC.
- Assist in the delivery of universal and core services to the AJCC customer. Provide information in relation to the menu of services offered through the AJCC to job seekers and employers.
- Responsible for program eligibility for those individuals in need of WIOA Services, conducting eligibility interviews, collecting all necessary and supporting documentation, and determining program eligibility without error. Meet eligibility deadlines established by management and required by NoRTEC contract objectives.
- Acquire specific program knowledge from reading, understanding and interpreting Federal rules and regulations, NoRTEC requirements, Standard Operating Policies and Procedures (AFWD’s SOPs), and related documentation; then, apply this knowledge to assist with WIOA program implementation and comply with all regulations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Essential Functions
- Maintains current knowledge of policies of the AJCC, AFWD programs and operations, programs administered by partner organizations and other resources available to the public, to facilitate initial client referral.
- Maintains current specific program knowledge, including WIOA eligibility requirements, from reading, understanding and interpreting Federal rules and regulations, Standard Operating Policies and Procedures, and related documentation; then, apply this knowledge to assist with program implementation and execution.
- Travel with notice overnight. Weather and related road conditions must be considered when travel is required.
- Travel overnight, with notice.
- Operate a motor vehicle or arrange transportation to accomplish duties.
- Lift 25 lbs., to waist height, turning twisting and transporting it.
- Maintain good attendance and punctuality.
- Exercise good judgement in analyzing and solving problems.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and produce accurate work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to work effectively as a member of a multi-functional services.
- Ability to use a personal computer, including word-processing, spreadsheet, database (Access) and presentation graphics software.
- Ability to type, accurately, 35 wpm.
- Must be able to use office equipment, including fax, multi-line telephone, copy machine, binding machine, 10 key calculator, audio-visual equipment, shredder, and answering.
- Maintain a professional appearance, consistent with private and public sector middle-level staff.
- Minimum Qualifications
- A High school diploma or equivalent is the minimum Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of clerical, or related, college level study, or two years of clerical and administrative assistant experience.
- Previous WIOA program experience or case management is a plus.
- Work is normally performed in an office setting, but the incumbent will be required to travel out of town for training, meetings and to provide on-site program assistance; therefore, must be able to travel and operate a motor vehicle or arrange for travel to perform duties.
- Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and have a good driving record.
- Satisfactorily complete a Department of Justice Background check consistent with working with youth.
- Hiring Requirements: Background Checks
Other Position Requirements: Must provide proof of automobile insurance which satisfies California Law, agree to a background check required to work with youth, and provide “right to work” documentation upon Alliance for Workforce Development, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Education Level: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes
Salary: 17.75 Hour
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Company Website (Address provided below)
Business and Career Network-Susanville
1616 Chestnut Street
Susanville, CA 96130