JOB TITLE: Career Navigator
DEPARTMENT: North State Together/Advancing Modoc (AM)
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SUPERVISOR: AM Director
SUMMARY: The Career Navigator is responsible for all onboarding and case management cohort activities for the AM Program.
Essential Duties: Ability to maintain a professional attitude when interacting with coworkers, AM Executive Committee Members and partners, community businesses and the public.
Wage Rate: $29.90/hr
● Attend and provide administrative assistance for the executive board meetings
● Monthly progress report to Director
● Support the design planning, strategies and execution of pathway cohorts
● Coordinate all cohort needs and act as primary cohort student advocate, support and case manager
● Engage in Strive Together and North State Together activities as appropriate
Communications and Marketing
● Manage Social Media presence
● Clerical support
● Promotion of committee initiatives/events
● Create and Manage promotional advertising campaigns
● Attend and manage AM booth presence at Modoc County events
● Coordination of Requests
● Fundraising for Initiatives
● Recruit AM educational and business community partners
● Identify potential committee and project volunteers
● Recruit students from graduating high school classes through re-entry adults in the community
● Travel, some weekend and evening hours may be required
Qualifications/Education and/or Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
● Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent
● Ability to pass Live Scan Fingerprint check
● Possession of valid Driver’s License and clean driving record
● Must be dynamic, creative and have excellent interpersonal skills.
● Professional experience within or familiarity with high school and post-secondary education systems and experience developing and maintaining effective working relationships with school personnel K-16.
● Professional experience within human services with supporting, advocating, and goal-setting.
● Demonstrated success in working collaboratively and cooperatively with stakeholders.
● Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret documents. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to multitask.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hand and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently list and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work is generally performed in an office setting. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.Minimum Education and Experience