Green Waste of Tehama
Waste Connections Company
Red Bluff, CA
Green Waste of Tehama, a Waste Connections company, is looking to hire a safety minded CDL Driver to join the team in Red Bluff, California!
This is a physical job where you will be working outside in all weather conditions.
Schedule is Monday-Friday with a 4:30am start time, occasional Saturdays as needed.
Starting pay will be $23-25/hour.
WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER:
- Competitive pay
- Year round, full time work
- Safety Bonuses
- Boot Allowance
- Great family benefits and 401k match
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to safely operate a garbage truck or street sweeper truck on specified routes to collect solid waste or clean streets. Waste experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read route sheets and service each customer identified on the sheet or assigned by the dispatcher.
- Perform routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking fluids, safety equipment, and tires.
- Ability to perform a physically demanding job, loading and unloading, at times with no helpers.
- Operate hydraulic hand controls to lift/load refuse and dispose of trash at designated facilities.
- Courteous interaction with our customers and perform other miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Extensive physical activity. Requires strenuous physical work; heavy lifting, pushing, or pulling required of objects over 50 pounds.
- Work environment involves some exposure to physical risks such as moving mechanical parts. Which require following basic safety precautions.
- The employee is exposed to outside weather, including frequent wet conditions, as well as exposure to fumes and vibration. Noise level is usually moderate.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Class A or B CDL with air brakes endorsement
- Clean driving record
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Basic knowledge of truck components in order to complete pre- and post-trip inspections.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered for any of our current openings you must complete an application at www.wasteconnections.com. Application information and additional instructions can be found once you select your position of interest.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term & short term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to “Connect with Your Future”.
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran)Minimum Education and Experience