Job Title: Cemetery Caretaker
Job Time Type: Full Time (30 Hours or More)
Job Description: Cemetery Caretaker Job Description: Maintains cemetery grounds, including but not limited to, excavating of graves, burial functions (installing vaults, concrete crypts, and urns), sodding, seeding, fertilizing, monument and marker setting, operating earth moving and lawn care equipment, and cemetery cleanup.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to District Manager
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY: None
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follows all safety rules and regulations. Brings safety concerns to direct supervisor.
- Responsible for the overall presentation and appearance of the cemetery which includes: mowing grass, pruning shrubs, trimming trees, spreading of pesticide/herbicide, and planting/maintaining landscaping.
- Monitor sprinkler system and all lawn maintenance equipment. Alerts District Manager of any issues.
- Pressure wash vehicles and equipment as instructed.
- Maintain shop area in a safe and clean manner.
- Works individually or in partnership with the District Manager to: properly ensure accuracy of interment and entombment; dig and set up graves; open and close graves, niches, crypts; and sets markers, crypt bars and niche bars.
- Work with supervisor to ensure all record keeping is done within established procedures and with adequate safeguards to ensure accuracy.
- Assist clients with the location of grave sites.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Education: At least some high school education. High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Experience: At least six months of grounds keeping or landscaping experience preferred. Experience with lawn and garden equipment preferred.
Require: If employee uses the cemetery vehicle, the employee must have a valid driver’s license and is subject to a driving history background check for insurance purposes.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently required to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. The employee is occasionally required to sit, reach with hands and arms, climb ladders, stoop, kneel crouch, and talk and hear.
Employees are required to work onsite Monday – Friday. Work schedule may vary with occasional weekend work when necessary.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work of the position. They are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills.
Education Level: No Minimum Education Requirement
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes, Operator License
Minimum Salary: 15.00 Hour Maximum Salary: 16.00 Hour
Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email
HOW TO APPLY: Submit resume to Boris Ye at email@example.com. Include “Cemetery Caretaker” as the subject
KIMSHEW CEMETERY DISTRICT
P.o. Box 97
Magalia, CA 95954
Contact: Boris Ye
Phone: (530) 616-0518