Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a part time, benefit eligible Scrub Technician/Central Supply Aide in the Acute Hospital. Under the supervision of the Surgery Manager, the Scrub Technician/Central Supply Aide is responsible for providing support to surgery and other clinical departments at MMC. Duties include ordering supplies as well as processing and sterilization of supplies, equipment and instruments used by the Acute hospital staff, following established infection control practices. Participates in the department’s performance improvement activities.
Job Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Orders instruments and supplies, helps with evaluation of new equipment and keeps cost containment and conservation of supplies in mind when ordering.
• Responsible for the care and preparation of all supplies for the Acute Nursing Department.
• Prepares and sterilizes all instruments, packs and supplies needed in ER and OR and is responsible for the equipment and instruments in use.
• Checks schedules for time, type of operation, anesthesia and surgeon.
• Leaves operating room ready for use.
• Issues and delivers supplies as needed. Makes sure all chargeable items are labeled with a charge tag. Periodically evaluates charging system to see that all chargeable items are being charged for as outlined in the procedure manual.
• Other duties as delegated by the Surgery Manager /Charge Nurse, to assure smooth operations and efficiency of this department.
• High School diploma.
• Current BLS CPR card.
• C.N.A. certification preferred.
• Completion of a Scrub Technician course preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
• Ability to work with others, at all levels within the organization, and collaborate effectively.
For an application, apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org
Modoc Medical Center – Human Resource Department
P.O. Box 190 – Alturas, CA 96101
EOEMinimum Education and Experience