Collins Pine Company is looking to hire a Certified Lumber Grader for their mill location in Lakeview, OR.
- Ability to work in a safe manner and comply with all policies and regulations
- Work effectively and safely in a production environment
- Ability to treat others with dignity and respect in a variety of settings
- Must be positive, proactive self-started who works well as with others
- Must have a desire to continually improve professionally and have a willingness to apply ones knowledge and skills to the betterment of the of the company
- Wear/use a variety of personal protective equipment per company and OSHA standards
- Minimum 2 years prior experience in dry end grading preferred
- Possess and maintain Grading Certification(s) in Commons, Shop and/or National Grading Rules for Dimension Lumber (NGR)
- Demonstrate proficiency and accuracy
- Maintain quality standards to maximize value consistent with guidelines established by the company and lumber grading agencies
- Perform follow up and inspection of completed units to ensure accuracy
- Excellent listening skills
- This position may require periodic travel for the purposes of vendor supplied training and job related skills training.
- Vision: Posses the ability to see details at a variety of ranges
- Must have good eye/hand coordination
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Must be able to bend, stoop, reach, twist, stand, walk, climb, kneel, carry heavy items; pushing and pulling of weights of up to 50 pounds.
- Environment is typically dusty due to wood fiber.
- Areas exist where floor surfaces are uneven.
- Ability to access equipment includes stairs and elevated catwalks
- Ability to work in variable temperatures
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Job Security: Inspired to perform well by the knowledge that your job is safe
Please visit the following link to apply for this position: https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/COL1007COLL/JobBoard/4d31b4a8-3a38-4e4f-8596-9b86698e61a6/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=874f5af1-b3c9-4cb7-94ac-bd8524d6a819
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c