Are you interested in making a positive impact on those around you? Join our team! At Northeastern Rural Health Clinics, we are passionate about making a difference in the lives of others and take pride in delivering outstanding patient care. We welcome health care professionals who value providing high quality service and enjoy working as part of a dynamic team to provide the best possible care to those living in our community.
Certified Medical Assistant
The CMA is responsible for providing high standards of medical support to the providers for patient care. This position will serve as a support team member within a Suite supporting one or more providers, LVNs, and CSR’s to ensure the patient lifecycle is successfully fulfilled timely. Focusing on maintaining a positive, caring, professional attitude while working together. Provides procedures under direction of the Director of Nursing for the identified scope of practice.
This position will be flexibly staffed and will be moved throughout the walk in clinic and any suite at Northeastern Rural Health Clinics herein after NRHC, as needed. There are varying shifts and weekends depending on assignment, which may be changed as business needs develop.
Hours of operation are from 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM, Monday through Friday and Saturday from 8:00 Am to 5:00 PM, at this time subject to change if enhanced services are offered.There are currently two locations:
- 1850 Spring Ridge Dr – Susanville
- 209 Birch Street – Westwood
Attention to building trust in the community, the facility, and the population we serve is paramount. Focus on patient care practices tailoring to the Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC). The Certified Medical Assistant reports directly to the Director of Nursing.
- Ability to provide quality customer service
- Ability to work well with others in a professional manner
- Ability to work various shifts and weekends with short notice
- Ability to travel
- Ability to be flexible in approach
- Ability to build trust with patients and colleagues
- Ability to provide care to a clientele from a rural community
- Ability to problem solve and find positive solutions
- Skills in discretion and good judgement
- Skills in prioritization
- Skills in clinic back flow, in box, follow through to patient care
- Skills in reasoning techniques
- Skills in excellent communication
- Skills in meeting the needs of patients
- Skills in working in a fast paced environment
- Skills in meeting the needs of colleagues both physician and patient care team
- Skills in professionalism
- Knowledge of Electronic Health Record
- Knowledge of kind, compassionate and empathetic practices
- Knowledge of maintaining patient confidentiality
- Knowledge of best practices for medical care
- Knowledge of working within a team
- Knowledge of email and software programs
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts clinical practice care supporting our Physicians, Physician Assistants, Family Nurse Practitioners, and LVNs with treatment of patients.
- Ensures patient, provider, and colleague needs are met, rooms are prepared, and the appointment lifecycle of patient care is performed flawlessly.
- Maintain metrics for quality measures for patient population.
- Conducts routine and advanced care for phlebotomy and related procedures in a FQHC environment.
- Enters correct data into the electronic health record timely.
- Assists with referral process, coordinating communications within our organization and outside partners and patients for providing follow up to ensure optimal customer service.
- Attends to patient communication for medication, testing, refills, lab work, orders, follow-up, etc., based on physician and advanced practitioner orders.
- Focus on ethical and technical best practices for CMA and patient care considering high standards, at all times.
- Prepares, sets up, stocks, orders, and performs sterilization, methods, and use of equipment for rooms, supplies and overall environmentNRHC provides patient centered medical care.
- Maintains licensure and certification.
- Responsive to supervisory feedback, utilizing constructive criticism in a positive manner.
- Maintains open communication and observes chain of command.
- Works well with peers and other employees as a team player.
- Sensitive to customer service issues, displaying a positive attitude to patients, co-workers, and the organization as a whole.
- Models appropriate conduct and observes the dress code for appearance and grooming standards.
- Must maintain strict confidentiality relating to NRHC personnel, patients, and information which could result in proprietary damage to NRHC.
- Maintains HIPAA compliance, at all times Adheres to office policies Performs other duties as assigned, demonstrating flexibility and willingness to do extra work as needed.
- High school Diploma or equivalent
- Current unrestricted CMA license for California
- IV certification
- Phlebotomy experience
- Current BLS CPR certificate
- Must meet current medical continuing education requirements, at all times
- One to three years of related experience
- Must possess current valid driver license and vehicle liability insurance
- Electronic Health Record and computer skills
Apply through the Job Opportunities page on our website: www.northeasternhealth.org
Please do not send applications or resumes via email. Only complete applications will be considered.
For general questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Northeastern Rural Health Clinics is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer