JOB TITLE: CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT
QUALIFICATIONS: Certified Nurse Assistant certification mandatory. Current CPRcard.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Certified Nurse Assistant is a nursing employee at the basic level of responsibility. The Certified Nurse Assistant carries out tasks supportive and complementary to nursing practices under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Perform routine duties accurately.
2. Perform treatment procedures such as enemas, dulcolax suppositories, surgical skin preparations, and applicationoficepacks and heatwhileassuring patient comfort.
3. Participate in nursing reports by receiving and contributingtostatusreport of
4. Take and record vital signs, height, weight, intake and output, and other
measurements as applicable in an accurateandprecise manner.
5. Prepare patients for meals and assist in feeding if necessary. Distribute water and other nourishments according to patients’ needs.
6. Make rounds willingly, anticipate patient’s needs, andrespond to
patient call lights promptly.
7. Assist with or transport patients as necessary.
8. Collect specimens, label properly, and transport to properarea inatimely
9. Assist in maintaining a safe and clean environment with wellstocked supplies
and functioning equipment. Report any malfunctioning equipment to the
10. Follow nursing care plan observing established policies andprocedures to assure
proper treatment and care of patients.
11. Report any observed change in patients’ conditions orbehavior to the
12. Assist in orientation of new personnel to the unit and otherCertified Nurse
13. Establish good rapport with patients, families, and visitors, while respecting
patients’ rights to privacy andconfidentialityof information.
14. Provide proper notification for absence and tardiness;punctual atstart
15. Observe hospital dress code and wear identification namebadge.
16. Demonstrate an understanding of emergency situations andresponse
17. Attend mandatory meetings and a minimum of 24 hours’ in-service
18. Responsible for observing safety precautions.
19. Perform other duties as assigned.
20. If trained as a Ward Clerk, may perform ward clerk duties(seeWardClerkjob
21. Follow all general and departmental safety, security, andhealth policies and
procedures. Utilize all safe work practicesfordepartment.
SUPERVISED BY: Skilled Nursing Facility Supervisor andAssistantAdministrator/PatientCare Services
ORGANIZATIONAL POSITION: Nursing
To apply electronically, please download the application and save it to your computer. Open the file and select “Fill & Sign” from the options on the right. Email your completed application to the email below for Human Resources.
You can also print and fill out the application. When finished fax or bring to the SHD Admin office: 199 Reynolds Road, Chester, CA 96020
Contact Human Resources