$1,000 sign on bonus for full-time hires. MMC is accepting applications for full-time and per diem CNAs within our Acute Hosptial and Skilled Nursing Facility. Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for performing patient care activities within his/her scope of practice for an assigned group of patients and/or residents on a daily basis and documents care given. CNA’s provide direct patient/resident care to both acute and long-term care patients under the supervision of licensed nurses.
Duties include (but not limited to):
• Performs or assists with personal hygiene on patients following established procedures including: bed bath, tub, shower, sitz bath, oral care, back care, pericare, skin care, nail and foot care, and AM/HS care.
• Makes rounds on each patient, assesses all new patients.
• Notifies nurses of any changes in the patients conditions or current needs.
• Assists with direct patient care; assures that call lights are answered promptly.
• Assists patients with food and nutrition including: passes trays, provides set-up assistance, feeds patients, makes out menus, supplies nourishments, passes water, charts food percentages and intake/output accurately.
• Assists patients with activity and transfer including: position change, dangling, ambulation, ROM, use of walker, cane, crutches, prosthetic devices and gait belt use.
• Assists in meeting patients’/residents’ and their families’ emotional, psychological and teaching needs while in the hospital. Notifies the charge nurse when problems arise.
• Promotes good working relationships with other departments, co-workers, residents, families and physicians.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Current California C.N.A. license
• Current CPR card
For an application, visit the Modoc Medical Center Human Resource Department or apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org
This position is being advertised in-house as well as to the public.
EOECurrent Califonria CNA license and current CPR cardMinimum Education and Experience