Job Order: 16976823
Print Date: 1/29/2020 10:32:37 AM
Job Title: CERTIFIED NURSE ASSISTANT
Job Time Type: Full and Part Time Positions
POSITION SUMMARY:(Continuous Recruitment)
The Certified Nurse Assistant is a nursing employee at the basic level of responsibility.
The Certified Nurse Assistant carries out tasks supportive and complementary to nursing practices under the direction of a Registered Nurse or Licensed Vocational Nurse.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Perform routine duties accurately.
- Perform treatment procedures such as enemas, dulcolax suppositories, surgical skin preparations, and application of ice packs and heat while assuring patient comfort.
- Participate in nursing reports by receiving and contributing to status report of patients.
- Take and record vital signs, height, weight, intake and output, and other measurements as applicable in an accurate and precise manner.
- Prepare patients for meals and assist in feeding if necessary. Distribute water and other nourishments according to patients’ needs.
- Make rounds willingly, anticipate patients needs, and respond to patient call lights promptly.
- Assist with or transport patients as necessary.
- Collect specimens, label properly, and transport to proper area in a timely manner.
- Assist in maintaining a safe and clean environment with well stocked supplies and functioning equipment. Report any malfunctioning equipment to the appropriate personnel.
- Follow nursing care plan observing established policies and procedures to assure proper treatment and care of patients.
- Report any observed change in patients’ conditions or behavior to the appropriate personnel.
- Assist in orientation of new personnel to the unit and other Certified Nurse Assistants.
- Establish good rapport with patients, families, and visitors, while respecting patients’ rights to privacy and confidentiality of information.
- Provide proper notification for absence and tardiness; punctual at start of shift.
- Observe hospital dress code and wear identification name badge.
- Demonstrate an understanding of emergency situations and response plans.
- Attend mandatory meetings and a minimum of 24 hours in in-service education annually.
- Responsible for observing safety precautions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- If trained as a Ward Clerk, may perform ward clerk duties (see Ward Clerk job description).
- Follow all general and departmental safety, security, and health policies and procedures. Utilize all safe work practices for department.
SUPERVISED BY: Skilled Nursing Facility Supervisor and Assistant Administrator/Patient Care Services
ORGANIZATIONAL POSITION: Nursing
FOR FULL JOB DETAILS: See caljobs.ca.gov or contact Seneca Healthcare at PH: 530-258-2159
Minimum Age:Hiring Requirements: Drug Testing/Screening, Background Checks, Reference Checks Education Level: Vocational School Certificate Requires a Drivers License: No Minimum Salary: 15.09 Hour Maximum Salary: 19.86 Hour Pay Comments: DOE (Depends on Experience)Benefits: Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, Vision, Vacation, Sick Leave, Retirement/Pension, Other Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email, In Person
Application Comments: A Seneca Application is required: http://users.neo.registeredsite.com/7/2/7/21539727/assets/HR-ApplicationForEmployment94067.pdf
James Kooyman PH: 530-258-2159 FAX: 530-258-2068
To fill out electronically, please download the application above and save it to your computer. Open the file and select “Fill & Sign” from the options on the right. Email your completed application to the email above for Human Resources. Otherwise, please print and fill out the application. When finished fax or bring to the SHD Admin office: 199 Reynolds Road, Chester, CA 96020
SENECA HEALTHCARE DISTRICT
P O Box 737 / 130 Brentwood Drive
Chester, CA 96020
Contact: James Kooyman
Phone: (530) 258-2159 ext