$10,000.00 Hiring Bonus and Relocation Assistance Available.
Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
Susanville is nestled within the Sierra Nevada Mountains. Enjoy four seasons with a host of year-round recreational opportunities. Explore the 2,700 square miles of public lands, with hiking, biking, cross country skiing, horseback riding, hunting, camping and off-road recreation activities.
As a critical access hospital, Banner Lassen Medical Center offers a wide range of programs and services to aid in prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness. As a Certified Respiratory Therapist at Banner Lassen Medical Center you will perform a Range of modalities, for neonate to geriatrics, in a variety of departments . You will also perform outpatient testing. If being part of a highly respected department in a caring facility sounds like the role for you, Apply Today!
Located in Susanville in northeast California, Banner Lassen Medical Center offers comprehensive care in a state-of-the-art facility to aid in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of illnesses. Our 25-bed medical center has a proud history of providing vital caring to the community since 1883. Though we are a small community hospital, we have invested in the latest medical equipment, including a 16-slice CT scanner, nuclear medicine, MRI, ultrasound, bone density, mammography and CAD. The hospital also offers infusion and oncology therapy, respiratory therapy and cardiopulmonary services as well as laboratory services, inpatient and outpatient surgery and a 24-hour emergency department. Away from work, you’ll find that our location at the foot of the scenic Sierra Nevada Mountains offers an unlimited variety of recreational activities, including fishing, camping, golfing, hiking and skiing.
This position applies basic fundamental techniques of respiratory therapy to patients in a variety of health care settings.
1. Performs all modalities of basic respiratory care as prescribed by physicians and/or licensed independent practitioners in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures such as breathing treatments, lung expansion therapy, noninvasive ventilation and oxygen therapy.
2. Applies and manages mechanical ventilators with physician and/or licensed independent practitioner oversight, recommending adjustments to improve clinical condition, patient comfort and to expedite the weaning process.
3. Assembles, disassembles, operates, maintains, troubleshoots, cleans and performs adjustments in the applications of durable medical equipment and circuitry used in the delivery of respiratory care as prescribed in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
4. Performs basic assessment of patient’s disease process and response to therapy ordered and documents therapy provided in an accurate and complete manner in accordance with established department/hospital policies and procedures.
5. Communicates and collaborates with resource staff in formulating care plans, recommendations for change in therapy and identification/resolution of problems and when confronted with unfamiliar situations, procedures and techniques.
Associate or technical degree.
Proof of having passed the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC) as a Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT). A current license in state practiced as required by state law. In the state of Nevada, all incumbents must have their Blood Gas Technologist certification. Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) required. In Home Care setting, must possess valid driver’s license and be eligible for coverage under the company auto insurance policy. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Must have basic knowledge of clinical techniques, applications and equipment. Must possess highly effective human relation skills necessary to interface with patients, families, staff and other healthcare personnel.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Our organization supports a drug-free work environment.
EOEMinimum Education and Experience