FAMILY SERVICES SPECIALIST OR BILINGUAL FAMILY SERVICES SPECIALIST
Under general supervision, the Family Services Specialist provides case management and supportive services to parents and children participating in the Early Head Start-Child Care Partnership (EHS-CCP) program. Performs related work as assigned. Bilingual Family Services Specialist will performs all job functions, both written and verbally in English and Spanish.
A typical way to obtain the knowledge and skills necessary is completed college coursework in social work, child development, human development or closely related field, Bachelor’s degree is preferred. Minimum of 2 years case management experience, including home visiting, possession of Family Services Worker permit or ability to obtain within 18 months.
• Must be able to pass a criminal history fingerprint clearance at the DOJ and FBI level.
• Must possess a valid California driver’s license, current automobile insurance, a vehicle for work and a driving record consistent with agency insurance carrier requirements.
• Must show proof of current immunizations, tuberculosis clearance and health screening/physical as required by the California Department of Education Early Head Start- Child Care Program
• Flexibility to work occasionally during the evenings, weekends, or early mornings
WAGE: Family Services Specialist starts at $16.59 per hour
Bilingual Family Services Specialist- starts at $17.09 per hour
All full time positions are eligible for the following benefits after 60 days of employment:
• Medical Insurance: We offer 4 different plans from Blue Shield of California, 100% of employee premiums are paid by employer, dependent premiums are paid by employee through payroll deduction
• Dental Insurance: We offer 2 Delta Dental Plans, 100% of employee premiums are paid by employer, dependent premiums are paid by employee through payroll deduction
• Vision Insurance: We offer VSP Coverage, 100% of employee premiums are paid by employer, dependent premiums are paid by employee through payroll deduction
• Term Life and AD&D Insurance: We offer coverage up to $20,000 through our group plan and is 100% employer paid, employees have the opportunity to purchase additional insurance coverage with premiums paid through payroll deduction
• AFLAC: Employees have the opportunity to purchase AFLAC policies through payroll deduction
Additional benefits outside of insurance:
• Retirement Plan: Full time employees are eligible to enroll in the agency’s 401(k) retirement plan after 1000 hours of service within the first 12 months of employment. Changing Tides Family Services is proud to offer 50% match up to 6% of the employee’s salary
• Changing Tides Family Services meets the criteria for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program, employees are eligible to apply
• We also offer the following accrued leaves: Vacation, Sick, Personal Necessity, Bereavement, Jury Duty and in addition 13 Holidays
All applicants must include a completed Changing Tides Family Services Employment Application and submit a resume and letter of interest.
You may email your completed application items to Nanda Prato, HR Director at email@example.com or via mail at her office 2259 Myrtle Avenue, Eureka, CA 95501
For application please visit: changingtidesfs.org/employment
Please be advised that Changing Tides Family Services does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications. Resumes or applications submitted which are not in response to a specific job opening will be destroyed upon receipt. When applying for a position, please specify the job title.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED, Second Review Friday, April 2, 2021 at Noon.
Application and job description available at www.changingtidesfs.org and at 2259 Myrtle Avenue, Eureka, CA 95501.
We are operating under strict COVID-19 safety protocols including daily health screenings, required masks, and increased handwashing and cleaning practices per the Reopening Plan certified by Humboldt County.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.