We are looking for a Bookkeeper to manage all financial transactions, from fixed payments and variable expenses to bank deposits and budgets. Bookkeeper responsibilities include auditing financial documents and procedures, reconciling bank statements, calculating sales tax payments, and returns.
To be successful in this role, you should have previous experience with bookkeeping and an eye for spotting numerical mistakes. Ultimately, provide accurate financial information, accounts payables, accounts receivables, payroll, reconciliations, bank deposits for our organization, while ensuring compliance with all tax regulations and accounting best practices.
Reports to: Board of Directors (House Committee)
- Manage all accounting transactions
- Manage payroll, quarterly/annual reporting including issuing year-end W2’s and 1099’s
- Prepare annual budgets
- Publish financial statements and reports on time
- Manage monthly, quarterly, and annual closings
- Reconcile accounts payable and receivable
- Ensure timely bank payments/deposits/reconciliations
- Compute quarterly sales taxes and prepare documents/reports for CPA for tax returns and annual audit
- Manage balance sheets and profit/loss statements
- Report on the company’s financial health and liquidity
- Audit financial transactions and documents
- Maintain financial data and employee confidentiality
- Manage database backups when necessary
- Comply with financial policies and regulations
- Other related duties as assigned
Desired Skills & Experience
- At least 3 years of Bookkeeping experience
- Hands-on experience using QuickBooks
- Excellent knowledge of accounting regulations and procedures, including the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced skills and efficient use of Microsoft Suite especially advanced use of Excel including pivot tables, graphs, and reports
- Experience with general ledger functions
- Strong attention to detail and good analytical skills
- AA Degree in Accounting/Business Administration
- Multiple years of experience in lieu of education requirements are acceptable
Pay: From $25 – $28 per hour based on experience
- Monday through Friday
- 8 hours a day / 40 hours a week
- Attend Board of Directors Meetings to present reports twice a month typically one hour between 5:30-6:30pm on the 2nd & 4th Wednesday of each month.
How to Apply: Email resume to email@example.com with “Bookkeeper” as the subject.
About Chico Elks Lodge
Chico Elks Lodge is a fraternal community service organization that supports many services including veterans, children with disabilities, and offer scholarships for high school students. Our venue also offers many private party rentals for special events, weddings, and other large gatherings.