Full-Time / Benefited / Hourly / Non-Exempt
COMPENSATION: $19.44 – $26.65 per hour; depending on experience.
LOCATION: Chico State Enterprises; This is a hybrid work environment that is primarily in person at 25 Main Street, Chico, CA.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Chico State Enterprises is seeking a candidate with a passion for accounting and equally impressive people skills. In this role, the Accounting Technician will have the opportunity to support some of Chico State’s most exciting, educational, and philanthropic initiatives. The Accounting Technician will be instrumental in facilitating accounting functions and business services for centers that operate through CSE. Join our team and be part of an organization that is facilitating the growth of the next generation of professionals.
Under the direction of the Accounting Manager, this position is primarily responsible for compiling, processing, and maintaining accurate financial records for CSE. The job duties of this position may include:
• Reviewing and processing payment requests and purchase orders
• Recording cash, checks, and credit card transactions
• Reviewing procurement documentation
• Completing deposit verification process
• Cash handling
• Invoice management including creation and aging
• Processing journal entries
• Maintaining accurate financial records
• Other duties as assigned
This position requires proficiency in:
• Data processing
• Critical thinking and analyzing skills
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Good organizational and problem-solving skills
• Positive communication skills
• Excellent internal and external customer service
• Proficiency with MS Excel, Word, and Outlook required
• Must possess excellent customer service skills, strong written and oral communication skills, strong problem solving and organizational skills, and attention to detail
• Critical thinking skills are essential to providing the best information and guidance to the Chico State Enterprises customers
• Must have the ability to recognize and mitigate transactions that could present risk management concerns
• 10-key proficient
· Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. Chico State Enterprises will make a conditional offer of employment, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current Chico State Enterprises employee who was conditionally offered the position.
· CSE is collecting information from current employees and new hires in process to comply with this CSU system policy. Job candidates who receive a contingent offer of employment will be required to complete a self-certification process prior to receiving a final offer of employment. A candidate will be asked to certify whether they are fully vaccinated, are in the process of becoming fully vaccinated, will request a medical or religious exemption, or do not plan to access any campus/CSE facilities or participate in any in-person work. Questions regarding this process should be directed to the CSE HR team at email@example.com.
BENEFITS: Benefits for employees working 30 hours or more per week include employer paid life insurance ($50,000) and long-term disability; options for health, dental, and vision insurance; FSA; 14 paid holidays including 1 personal holiday; vacation accrual (initially 10 days/year); sick leave (up to 12 days/year); employer contributions to your 403(b) retirement plan (up to 8%).
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered, submit the following documents by March 29, 2023. Documents submitted after this date may not be considered.
BY DROP BOX: https://csuchico.app.box.com/f/8c00c915babe4893ac466a44ceb20c20
BY EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper applications will not be accepted; however, Chico State Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is happy to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants at any step of the application process. If you need assistance in this regard, or are having technical difficulties, please contact the Human Resources office at 530-898-6811 or email@example.com prior to 5:00 pm on the document deadline date. The employer is Chico State Enterprises, a non-profit corporation serving as an auxiliary organization of California State University, Chico. Employment is considered to be at-will.Minimum Education and Experience