POSITION: E-Learning Developer
Part-Time (up to 20 hours per week) / Non-Benefited / Hourly / Non-Exempt
COMPENSATION: $55.00 – $65.00 per hour
LOCATION: This position will be eligible for telecommuting. Candidate must be a California resident.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: The Instructional Designer provides e-learning content informed by desired learning outcomes. Reporting to the Project Director, the E-Learning Developer creates online training and assessments for employees of client organizations.
- Consult with client subject matter expert to identify course goals and applicable evidence-based instructional strategies.
- Integrate online and technology-enhanced course components to enhance learning across different delivery modes.
- Given audio and text scripts, develop vector-based graphics to accompany audio or text using Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Adobe Animate, or similar graphics applications.
- Develop training modules that meet key learning objectives that the target audience needs. Modules need to be succinct, easy to follow, and formatted for self-learning, considering appropriate adult learning techniques.
- Develop and generate high quality instructional education material to convey complex and technical subjects in plain language.
- Create a range of digital learning courses that will engage and motivate the end users.
- Manage strict deadlines whilst ensuring a high end-user experience.
- Be innovative and creative in the use of language, graphics, animations, interactions, audio, and video.
- Master’s degree in instructional design and technology or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience developing online training programs and related assessments.
- Using traditional instructional design methodologies.
- Strong graphic design and/or video editing skills preferred.
- Experience using the following software tools: Articulate RISE, Articulate Storyline, Adobe Creative Suite.
CSE is collecting information from current employees and new hires in process to comply with this CSU system policy. Job candidates who receive a contingent offer of employment will be required to complete a self-certification process prior to receiving a final offer of employment. A candidate will be asked to certify whether they are fully vaccinated, are in the process of becoming fully vaccinated, will request a medical or religious exemption, or do not plan to access any campus/CSE facilities or participate in any in-person work. Questions regarding this process should be directed to the CSE HR team at email@example.com.
BENEFITS: 24 hours of Sick Leave.
HOW TO APPLY:
To be considered, submit the following documents by March 13, 2023. Documents submitted after this date will not be considered.
· Portfolio of Work
BY DROP BOX: https://csuchico.app.box.com/f/aadf31dbf78b4b1f929f63c8cad47263
BY EMAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
Paper applications will not be accepted; however, Chico State Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is happy to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants at any step of the application process. If you need assistance in this regard, or are having technical difficulties, please contact the Human Resources office at 530-898-6811 or email@example.com prior to 5:00 pm on the document deadline date. The employer is Chico State Enterprises, a non-profit corporation serving as an auxiliary organization of California State University, Chico. Employment is considered to be at-will.Minimum Education and Experience