Under direction, to perform technical/professional accounting tasks in the preparation and maintenance of a variety of complex accounting and fiscal records and reports; to develop and implement accounting standards and procedures; to monitor and reconcile cash accounts and perform cash flow analysis; to prepare for and reconcile to external audits, and to perform related duties as assigned. Open Until Filled.
The following duties are typical of those performed by employees in this job title; however, employees may perform other related duties, and not all duties listed are necessarily performed by each employee in the job title.
- Prepares a variety of complex and routine financial statements and fiscal reports in compliance with acceptable accounting practices and all applicable laws, regulations and requirements, for internal use and for external funding/regulatory agencies;
- Reviews State, Federal, community college and other regulatory requirements, and develops and implements accounting and budgeting standards and procedures to ensure compliance;
- Generates documents and provides supporting data and information to assist in the preparation of annual District and departmental budgets; drafts the District tentative and final budget documents; updates funding apportionments in accordance with State revisions; maintains general ledger chart of accounts;
- Provides work papers and data in preparation for annual audit; coordinates visits; prepares responses to and reconciles Final Audit document to financial statement and adjusts general ledger balances; monitors and reconciles all general ledger balances on an ongoing basis;
- Monitors cash balances and reconciles general ledger to subsidiary ledgers for cash receipts, accounts payable and payroll distributions; reconciles general ledger balances to Cash in County Treasury; monitors and reconciles cash available for Financial Aid;
- Analyzes and monitors revenue accounts;
- Provides analyses of projected cash flow and makes recommendations on the timing of fund transfers;
- Prepares invoices and monitors accounts receivable;
- Processes and verifies cash receipts for deposit to cash in County Treasury; distributes to appropriate general ledger accounts;
- Prepares and enters budget transfers and augmentations, interfund transfers, and journal entries;
- Reviews and approves grant and project financial support and budgetary set up;
- Meets with staff and others to discuss budgets, adjustments, and financial transactions, provide training, and explain accounting and budgetary procedures and requirements
- Serves as technical advisor on financial accounting software system; serves as Data Custodian for all financial data in Banner module; provides training and controls access and permissions; coordinates fiscal aspects of maintenance and updates of module; EOE
About Feather River Collage
Feather River College offers unique academic majors, athletic opportunities, on-campus housing, and more!