The Modoc County Transportation Commission (MCTC) is accepting applications for the position of Chief Fiscal Officer which is a Confidential and Exempt full time position. MCTC is the area regional transportation planning agency. MCTC prepares plans and administers transportation programs and defines services and provides staff support to Modoc Transportation Agency (MTA)/Sage Stage Transit.
Annual Salary: $69,310.94 – $73,531.98
Job Duties: Under general direction of the executive director:
- Performs complex and responsible professional accounting work, including auditing, analyzing, and verifying financial records, preparing financial and statistical reports, providing information to other MCTC staff regarding accounting practices and procedures, and reconciling general ledger accounts
- Processes reimbursement billings to all funding agencies
- Organizes and maintains the grants and accounting database systems
- Participates in the preparation of the MCTC’s and MTA’s budgets
- Prepares year-end audit reports and schedules
- Performs day-to-day human resources administration and office management duties
- Assists with benefits administration
- Provides complex technical and responsible support to the executive director in areas of expertise
- Performs related work as required.
This is an advanced journey-level professional accounting classification. Incumbents work under general direction and exercise a high level of discretion and independent judgment in performing the full range of routine to complex accounting, financial record-keeping, payroll, and day-to-day human resources and benefits administration, and risk management functions. Successful performance of the work requires extensive knowledge of governmental accounting practices and procedures, fund accounting, fiscal management, and general office management.
- Education and experience which demonstrates the required knowledge and skill levels as defined in the job description. A typical way to obtain the required qualifications would be:
Equivalent to an Associate’s degree with major coursework in accounting, finance, business or public administration, or a closely related field and five (5) years of responsible professional public accounting and office management experience.
- Possession of, or the ability to obtain a valid CA drivers license by time of appointment.
Salary Range is based on an employment contract. per month. MCTC offers employees health benefits, paid leave, and a retirement plan. MCTC offers a 401 K in lieu of Social Security FICA and is not a department of Modoc County.
Application Submittal Requirements:
- Cover letter
- Completed MCTC application form
- Resume that includes work history and salary for the past seven years.
The MCTC application and job description is available at 108 S Main St, Alturas or can be accessed via the internet at modoctransportation.com.
Applications are accepted until filled and can be mailed or delivered to Debbie Pedersen, Executive Director MCTC/MTA, 108 S. Main St., Alturas, CA 96101.
MCTC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Minimum Education and Experience