Chief Fiscal Officer
The job characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Title: 204- Chief Fiscal Officer
Supervised by: Executive Director
FLSA Status: Full time, Salaried, Exempt
Workers Comp: 8810
Hours: 40 hours per week, 12 months per year
At NCCDI we subscribe to the Standards of Ethical Behavior as outlined in the NAEYC Code of Ethical Conduct. It is expected that all employees become familiar with the code and use it as a model for ethical and professional behavior.
Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, the Chief Fiscal Officer is responsible for the design, operation, and control of effective administrative procedures related to accounting, payroll, property, and procurement. The Chief Fiscal Officer acts as the financial advisor to the Executive Director and governing bodies on all matters relating to the organization finances.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
1. Direct and oversee all aspects of the Finance & Accounting functions of the organization.
2. Providing leadership, direction and management of the finance and accounting team.
3. Providing strategic recommendations to the Executive Director, governing bodies, and members of the executive management team in line with organizational objectives and mission.
4. Act in accordance with core principals, code of conduct, and ethical and professional standards of organization.
5. Establishing and developing relations with management, governing bodies, and staff to identify their needs and seek full range of business solutions.
6. Regularly monitors and reports financial performance by measuring and analyzing results, initiating corrective actions, and minimizing the impact of variances.
7. Managing the processes for financial forecasting and budgets in cooperation with Executive Director and members of the executive and program management teams.
8. Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP, contractual obligations, and applicable federal, state, local and other regulatory laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
9. Establishing and developing relations with external partners, stakeholders, and vendors to fulfill financial reporting and accounting requirements and accomplish financial and organization mission of NCCDI and those with whom we collaborate.
10. Updates job knowledge by remaining aware of new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks, and participating in professional organizations. Updates Executive Director, governing bodies, finance and finance and accounting team, executive management, and other staff, as appropriate, on impact to organization.
11. Accomplishes finance human resource strategies by determining accountabilities; communicating and enforcing core principles, policies, and procedures; including recruitment, selection, orientation, training, coaching, counseling, disciplinary, appraisal, and communication programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Minimum of five years of technical accounting experience.
2. Supervision experience required.
3. Computer and business machine skills required.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of young children, parents, staff and community groups.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Certificates, Licenses and Credentials
1. Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business Administration.
2. California Driver’s License with clear driving record preferred.
3. Must have the ability to pass criminal record clearance and Child Abuse Index.
4. A current TB test and a statement of good health from a doctor are required as a condition of employment.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; and to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 40 pounds.
Position requires repetitive use of computer keyboard and mouse, as well as extended periods of visual focus on a computer monitor.
Able to drive for the purpose of site visits or to attend off-site trainings and meetings.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Exposure to dust and fumes is minimal or non-existent.