- Job ID 2020-1194 Category Daycare Center Min USD $15.00/Hr. Max USD $19.14/Hr.
Under the direction of the Director of the Childcare Center, the Teacher Aide will be responsible for helping facilitate the day to day operations of the program. The Teacher Aide will help the teacher monitor and ensure safety and program guidelines in their classroom, provide a safe, happy, and positive environment for all children, plan and implement all activities appropriate for children ages 0-5 years, and assist with DRDP assessments as needed.
- Title 22 Regulations
- Planning and implementing curriculum for children ages 0-5 years
- Current principles and practices of early childhood education in a play-based, family centered program
- Family inclusion and education
- Completing observations related to the DRDP
- Basic computer skills
- Help the teacher plan, organize and facilitate overall daily routine for children ages 0-5 years.
- Exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment in dealing with volunteers, children, and parents
- Promote the program’s vision, mission and goals
- Make effective decisions and take initiative to take independent action when needed
- Work collaboratively with staff and Director attending weekly staff meetings
- Cooperate, respect and communicate effectively with children, families and volunteers from a variety of cultural backgrounds
- Help the teacher complete observations and assessments by required deadlines
- Check email daily
- Communicate with Director in a timely manner about sick leave and/or vacation requests
- Provide developmentally appropriate discipline and/or redirection measures for children as needed
- Continue with ongoing training as needed for professional growth