Under the direction of an Area Sergeant, perform janitorial and maintenance related duties, maintain overall cleanliness of the area facility and equipment, perform landscape maintenance, and perform as an assistant to the Automotive Technician II on a limited basis.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Mop/wax floors, vacuum/shampoo carpets, empty and clean waste receptacles, wash windows and doors, clean window sills, clean blinds, clean/dust furniture and equipment, shelves, and electronic equipment.
- Conduct daily cleaning of restrooms and re-supply all paper products and soap.
- Clean break room, exterior of building including the parking lot area, sidewalks, fuel bays and parking garage.
- Remove snow on the property and ice management at entry points of the facility.
- Clean departmental vehicles.
For a more detailed list of functions, please see the Duty Statement.
Possession of a driver license valid for the operation of any two- axle single motor vehicle and one towed vehicle (i.e., a trailer with a gross weight of 6,000 pounds or less). and Either I One year of experience in the California state service performing the duties of a Service Assistant (Automotive).
One year of experience performing the duties of a Janitor in a California Highway Patrol area office or substation, including some experience in the maintenance and servicing of patrol vehicles.
One year of experience in one or a combination of the following: (In appraising experience, emphasis will be placed upon its recency and breadth.)
1. Working in a shop of an automotive agency or garage. or
2. Servicing automobiles, in another type of vehicle repair facility including the removal and replacement of tires, batteries, and accessories.
Knowledge and Abilities
Knowledge of: Automotive equipment terms and parts used in automobile manufacture; preventive maintenance; repair procedures and service requirements of motor vehicles; tools and equipment used in repairing automotive equipment; methods, material, chemicals, disinfectants, and equipment used in janitorial work; safety practices in janitorial work; proper methods of caring for hedges, ornamental trees, shrubs, lawns, and flowers.
Skill in: Operating automotive vehicles.
Ability to: Read and write English at a level required for successful job performance; maintain records and make accurate arithmetical computations; establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the work; analyze situations accurately and take effective action.
Special Personal Characteristic
Willingness to work at night.
To Apply, please visit https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=340467
EOEMinimum Education and Experience