Andersen & Sons Shelling
Description: This position is for our HARVEST SEASON, starts ASAP and typically runs until the end of October/early November.
$23 – $25 per hour DOE
$750 bonus upon completion of harvest
MUST have double/triple endorsement on license
Responsibilities: Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned delivery vehicle.
- Drive trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pull a towed weight exceeding 10,000 lbs.
- Ensure trailer hitch is properly and securely attached to the tractor unit.
- Transport goods from the place of origin to assigned destination.
- Pick up up loads and organize goods at selected destinations
- Obtain signatures or warehouse scans to confirm and complete deliveries with clients
- Assist in mapping delivery routes
- Stay on a pre-determined route and ensure timely deliveries
- Communicate with dispatch as needed
- Confirm contents of each shipment load matches the manifest document
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Check weather conditions and road reports before departure
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
- Maintain and service vehicle as needed (refuel, change oil, tire pressure, repairs, etc.)
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times
- Maintain detailed driving and delivery logs
- Track and report working hours
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
Class A Truck Driver Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent preferred
- Valid Class A driver’s license required
- 2+ years proven experience with tractor-trailer driving preferred
- Clean driving record with no moving violation
- Must pass a background check and drug test
Apply in person at the main office by picking up an application at:
4530 Rowles Rd.
Vina, CA 96092
Apply on our website at: