Title: Classroom Aide
Employment Details: Full-time, Part-time, Regular, Non-Exempt
Up to 40 hours/week, Up to 43.8 weeks/year
Wage: $15.64 – $17.99 (DOEd.)
Shasta Head Start
Founded in 1965, Shasta Head Start is dedicated to providing comprehensive early childhood education, health, nutrition, disabilities, and mental health services to low-income children and families. Shasta Head Start’s 285 staff serve nearly 1000 children and families in Shasta, Siskiyou, and Trinity counties.
We are committed to best practices in child development, education, and family advocacy through the delivery of comprehensive program services in a timely and consistent manner. We strive to empower individuals and families to achieve their maximum potential in an environment which respects their value and dignity.
We are currently looking for classroom aides with a proven track record of early childhood teaching experience. If you enjoy building positive relationships, hard work and innovation, and providing quality services to children and families, you may be who we are looking for.
Under the direct supervision of the classroom Teacher, the Classroom Aide supports classroom staff in providing care and education to children in a Head Start classroom.
- A minimum of three (3) Early Childhood Education (ECE) units completed and continuous enrollment in an educational program until successfully completing the core (12) units of ECE within one year of hire. The core twelve (12) ECE units consist of Child/Human Development (3 units); Child, Family, Community (3 units); Infant/Toddler Learning (3 units); and ECE Curriculum (3 units)
- Successful completion of the twelve (12) core units of ECE preferred
- Six (6) months related experience desired
- Must have or obtain a Child Development Matrix Permit at the Associate Teacher level or higher within one year of hire date
- Must have and maintain current EMSA First Aid/CPR
- Valid California Driver License and clean DMV record
- Criminal Background Check Required
- Pre-Employment Strength Assessment
- Pre-Employment Drug Test
- Pre-Employment TB Test
- Up to date records of pertussis, measles, and influenza vaccines
- Must be currently vaccinated for COVID
- Assist classroom staff in maintaining a safe, clean, and healthy work environment
- Assist in the compliance of Head Start Performance Standards, federal and state regulations, and Community Care Licensing requirements
- Support classroom staff in the implementation of developmentally appropriate curriculum and assessment process
- Model appropriate behavior and interact in a positive, friendly and courteous manner with children, staff, families and community volunteers in order to build and foster responsive relationships
- Assist in the supervision and management of children in the classroom
- On-going professional development through education, training and resources
- Provide services as bus monitor (where applicable)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The employee must be able to occasionally lift 20 pounds overhead and 40 pounds from waist to shoulder. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 40 pounds, and occasionally lifts 50 pounds from floor to waist. The employee must be able to push/pull up to 75 pounds horizontally. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distant vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Shasta Head Start offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Employer paid medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 15 paid holidays per year
- 401(k) to eligible employees after one year
- Extensive training opportunities
Please visit our website, https://www.shastaheadstart.org/job-board/ to review the job description, view other open positions, and to apply for this position. Unofficial Transcripts and/or proof of degree required. To complete your application, please submit transcripts or proof of degree via fax to (530) 243-8601; or mail to 375 Lake Blvd., Suite #100 Redding, CA 96003.
Shasta Head Start is an Equal Opportunity EmployerMinimum Education and Experience