Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a Full Time Clerical Maintenance Worker. This is a benefited position. The primary job functions will be to provide clerical and administrative assistance requiring independent initiative and overall knowledge of Maintenance Department. They will perform a variety of work in assisting the Engineering Department in the performance of duties necessary to keep the physical structures, utilities, associated equipment, and grounds of the facilities in good repair. Applicant must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
- Provides administrative and clerical support to the Director Plant Operations.
- Assist with maintenance or Plant Director schedule; arranging meetings when required.
- Type and distribute correspondences and other documents as requested.
- Maintain and manage departmental files.
- Act as recording secretary at meetings.
- Performs maintenance on equipment, physical structures and systems as required.
- Performs manual duties as requested (i.e., moving supplies or furniture, replacing light bulbs, removing trash or scrap material).
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of how to maintain, repair and use plant hand and power tools, plant machinery and plant mechanical and testing equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operating manuals, and manufacture’s specifications.
- Performs other duties, as requested
Qualifications & Job Requirements (but not limited to):
- Able to communicate in English, both verbally and in writing
- Basic computer knowledge and proficient with Microsoft software (word, excel, power point)
- Able to walk, bend and lift with the dexterity to perform manual skills required of the job
- High school diploma or equivalency exam
- One to three (1-3) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repair of boilers and generators, plumbing, electrical systems, construction and all applicable hospital and healthcare related equipment. Have the ability to comprehend a wide range of technical subjects and make appropriate repairs.
- Ability to work in emergency situations with high stress factors.
Email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Modoc Medical Center is an EOE.Minimum Education and Experience