Modoc Medical Center has an opening for a full time benefited Clinic Scheduler. The scheduler is directly responsible for customer service including receiving phone calls, making appointments, inputting and updating patient information into the computer system, pulling charts for the next scheduled business day, filing of charts and sorting, copying of
records and following proper procedure for prescription requests in a timely manner.
Applicant must demonstrate competency in the following areas:
– Demonstrates professional behavior and a positive working relationship with clients, visitors and facility staff.
– Schedules new and return appointments; confirms appointments; explains registration process, gives directions to new patients. May explain procedure preparation to patients.
– Ensures patients are properly registered, updating information where necessary. Collects and verify patient’s insurance information. Obtains necessary information for workman’s compensation claims.
– Answers phones in a professional and courteous manner; takes messages; directs calls to appropriate staff.
– Requests and/or collects co-payments from patients. Tracks and posts no-show visits in computer.
– Tracks Medicare lab work.
– Prepares Medi-Cal assessment forms for patient charts.
– Collaborates with Lab & Radiology scheduling.
– Verifies insurance.
– Assist with and participates in all Customer Service initiatives.
– Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do extra work as needed on an interim basis. May be cross-trained for other positions and may be required to work in those positions as needed.
– Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Job Requirements (but not limited to):
– High school diploma.
– Two years of experience or education in business and basic computer knowledge.
– Must be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
– Ability to deal with people in a pleasant and courteous manner, even under stressful conditions.
– Ability to work in a fast paced environment maintaining patient confidentiality and professionalism in a team-oriented environment.
– Current CPR Certification.
– Must maintain confidentiality relating to MMC personnel, and patient information that could result in proprietary damage to MMC.
If you are interested, apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org
P.O. Box 190 – Alturas, CA 96101
Modoc Medical Center is an EOEMinimum Education and Experience