Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a full time; benefit eligible Clinical Laboratory Manager.
The Manager is responsible for chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic tests performed in the Clinical Laboratory to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Ensures that services are of the best quality, are cost contained, and carried out in an expeditious manner. Maintains performance improvement activities within the department and participates in CQI activities. Formulates budget. Assures compliance with CLIA and other applicable regulations. Develops and implements policies and procedures.
$112,112 – $169,582 Annual
Dependent on Experience
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Biology, or Chemistry.
- California State Clinical Laboratory Scientist (CLS) license required.
- Basic computer knowledge required.
- Knowledge of physiology, biochemistry, bacteriology, hematology, immunology and serology
- Minimum of one year of managerial experience in the clinical laboratory of an acute care hospital
- Manages and direct the department’s administrative and financial functions.
- Helps prepare and is accountable for departmental operating budgets and the capital budget.
- Evaluates personnel in accordance with performance standards in histology, biochemistry,
microbiology, hematology, serology, and blood bank.
- Responsible for administrative direction: interviewing, hiring, orienting, in services, performance
evaluations, and termination of employment.
- Addresses complaints regarding Clinical Laboratory functions and works with supervisors to resolve
- Coordinates improvements in Clinical Laboratory reporting systems.
- Is responsible for the preparation of reports and other statistical data as requested.
- Responsible for performing all functions of a Clinical Laboratory Scientist as needed to facilitate
delivery of services.
Application Process: Apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.com
MMC is an EOE.Minimum Education and Experience