Red Oaks Medical Group at Lassen Medical Clinic
Red Bluff, CA
Full-Time with Benefits
Wage: $19.50 per hour
Schedule: 8 Hour Shifts
Covid Vaccination required, however medical and religious exemptions are offered.
The Clinical Medical Assistant performs functions of back office Medical assistant carrying out all assignments given by the RN Clinic Manager, MD/DO/FNP/PA’s. He/she is responsible for adhering to all standards of Nursing Care and promoting team work among coworkers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Sound knowledge of computers and software programs
- Must be thorough with medical terminology and human anatomy
- Understand Current HIPAA guidelines
- Have outstanding customer service skills even when under pressure
- Able to accurately take routine vital signs
- Assist providers in minor office procedures
- Keep up with room supply’s and ensure your work station is clean and efficient
- Have an understanding of injectable medications/immunizations
- Possess the skills to give injections accurately including the correct sites and routes of injections.
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented while working on daily assigned tasks
- Must be a self-starter, ensuring daily duties are completed without constant supervision
- Must possess the ability to work well in a team environment
- Must have the ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure
- Must have the ability to use discretion while maintaining patient confidentiality
- Must have good communication skills and be caring towards patients
Major Duties and Accountabilities:
- Assesses the health status of patients as assigned. Completes appropriate portion of progress notes documenting vital signs and weight accurately. Organizes data to assure completeness, accuracy, accessibility and confidentiality. Communicates data in an acceptable and timely manner to the practitioner per departmental standards. Demonstrates competency to assess age specific needs of patients.
- Brings patient to exam room, sets patient up for exam assuring required supplies are available for practitioner. Assists practitioner as needed during exam. Assures that interpreters are available if needed.
- Performs patient procedures as ordered by practitioner in accordance with accepted practice and protocol.
- Accurately performs the following: Scheduling appointment and making appropriate patient referrals.
- Takes orders for refills of medications from Pharmacy and assures approval and appropriate completion of documentation.
- Calls in, faxes, or sends electronic prescriptions to appropriate pharmacy as requested.
- Maintains stock of office supplies, patient supplies, and Medication as needed
- Maintains a clean and safe working environment.
- Is knowledgeable of equipment location, care and operation and can demonstrate competency in use.
- Maintains knowledge of resource materials such as medical dictionary, policy/procedure manual, employee handbooks, and organizational chart.
- Complies with policy and procedure manual of the clinic.
- Provides calm, reassuring atmosphere and communicates effectively with patients, staff, physicians, and other guests.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Maintains competency for Point Of Care test required by RHC regulations.
- Performs procedures according to the ROMG policies and procedures as noted on skills check list/competency.
- Guest Relations: Demonstrates the highest standards for friendly, courteous and caring interaction with patients, physicians, guests, and fellow employees.
- Safety/Infection Control: Observes all safety rules and practices and encourages safe practices in dealing with all patients, visitors, and employees. Conforms with current infection control policies. Maintains compliance with Cal OSHA safety guidelines.
- Communication: Demonstrates ability to accept and understand instructions, expresses self clearly and concisely.
- Attendance/Punctuality: Is seldom tardy and or absent, Attends mandatory in-service programs and/or committees as assigned.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Demonstrates the ability to cope with pressure, grasp new ideas, methods, and adjust responses to meet the changing work environment.
- Confidentiality: Assures patient and clinic confidentiality. Complies with HIPAA guidelines regarding patient confidentiality and protected health information.
- Independence/initiative: Demonstrates reliability, follow-through, ability to work with minimal supervision, desire and ability to accept additional responsibility.
- Judgment contacts: Makes sound and timely decisions regarding one’s work, personal appearance, and demeanor.’
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Education/Experience: High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent work experience. Must have a certificate of completion for a Medical Assistant program or have a current certification as a Medical Assistant in the state of California and current CPR certification. One year of clinical experience is preferred. The ability to effectively communicate and follow oral and written instruction is required.
To Apply: Visit www.Indeed.com and search ‘Clinical Medical Assistant Lassen Medical Clinic’
Red Oaks Medical Group is an equal opportunity employer. The Job Training Center is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. 7-1-1 CRS for TTY Users. 5/19/21 SD A proud partner of America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM network.Minimum Education and Experience
About Red Oaks Medical Group
Red Oaks Medical Group has been providing Northern California with exemplary medical care for over 60 years. Although its origin was in family practice, Red Oaks Medical Group now provides services in Osteopathic Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Pediatrics, Dermatology, Occupational Health, Ear Nose and Throat specialty and Acute Care. Over the years Red Oaks Medical Group has grown its practice to over 30 providers and 75,000 active patients. We are also proud to serve surrounding counties of Shasta, Trinity, Lassen, Butte, and Glenn with the expertise of our well respected providers.