Clinical Medical Assistant
Red Oaks Medical Group has been providing Northern California with exemplary medical care for over 60 years. Although its origin was in family practice, Red Oaks Medical Group now provides services in Osteopathic Medicine, Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Pediatrics, Dermatology, Occupational Health, Ear Nose and Throat specialty and Acute Care. Over the years Red Oaks Medical Group has grown its practice to over 30 providers and 75,000 active patients. We are also proud to serve surrounding counties of Shasta, Trinity, Lassen, Butte, and Glenn with the expertise of our well respected providers.
The Clinical Medical Assistant performs functions of back office Medical assistant carrying out all assignments given by the RN Clinic Manager, MD/DO/FNP/PA’s. He/she is responsible for adhering to all standards of Nursing Care and promoting team work among coworkers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Sound knowledge of computers and software programs
- Must be thorough with medical terminology and human anatomy
- Understand Current HIPAA guidelines
- Have outstanding customer service skills even when under pressure
- Able to accurately take routine vital signs
- Assist providers in minor office procedures
- Keep up with room supply’s and ensure your work station is clean and efficient
- Have an understanding of injectable medications/immunizations
- Possess the skills to give injections accurately including the correct sites and routes of injections.
- Must possess good organizational skills
- Must be detail oriented while working on daily assigned tasks
- Must be a self-starter, ensuring daily duties are completed without constant supervision
- Must possess the ability to work well in a team environment
- Must have the ability to type a minimum of 35 WPM
- Must have the ability to work well under pressure
- Must have the ability to use discretion while maintaining patient confidentiality
- Must have good communication skills and be caring towards patients
Education/Experience: High school diploma, G.E.D., or equivalent work experience. Must have a certificate of completion for a Medical Assistant program or have a current certification as a Medical Assistant in the state of California and current CPR certification. One year of clinical experience is preferred. The ability to effectively communicate and follow oral and written instruction is required.
To Apply: Visit www.Indeed.com and search ‘Clinical Medical Assistant Red Oaks’
Red Oaks Medical Group is an equal opportunity employer. The Job Training Center is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. 7-1-1 CRS for TTY Users. 5/19/21 SD A proud partner of America’s Job Center of CaliforniaSM network.Minimum Education and Experience