Modoc Medical Center is accepting applications for a full time, benefit eligible C.N.A. in the acute hospital. Certified Nursing Assistant is responsible for performing patient care activities within his/her scope of practice for an assigned group of patients and/or residents on a daily basis and documents care given. CNA’s provide direct patient/resident care to both acute and long-term care patients under the supervision of licensed nurses.
Wage Rate: Dependent On Experience $18.38 – $27.80 per hour
Duties include (but not limited to):
- Performs or assists with personal hygiene on patients following established procedures including bed bath, tub, shower, sitz bath, oral care, back care, peri care, skin care, nail and foot care, and AM/HS care.
- Makes rounds on each patient, assesses all new patients.
- Notifies nurses of any changes in the patients conditions or current needs
- Assists with direct patient care; assures that call lights are answered promptly
- Assists patients with food and nutrition including: passes trays, provides set-up assistance, feeds patients, makes out menus, supplies nourishments, passes water, charts food percentages and intake/output accurately.
- Assists patients with activity and transfer including: position change, dangling, ambulation, ROM, use of walker, cane, crutches, prosthetic devices and gait belt use.
- Assists in meeting patients’/residents’ and their families’ emotional, psychological and teaching needs while in the hospital. Notifies the charge nurse when problems arise.
- Promotes good working relationships with other departments, co-workers, residents, families and physicians
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current California C.N.A. license
- Current CPR card
Application Process: For an application, apply on-line at www.modocmedicalcenter.org/application
Modoc Medical Center is an EOE.Minimum Education and Experience