Job Order: N/A
Print Date: 02/22/2021 Expires: 04/21/2021
Job Title: CNC Lathe Machinist III
Job Time Type: Full Time
Efficiently and accurately performs machining operations on CNC lathe, Mill Turn, and other machinery by performing the following duties. Journeyman level experience required, this listing is for Day Shift. Shift is typically 7 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Reads and understands manufacturing drawings, tolerances, and notes.
- Sets up and operates machinery in accordance with part and production requirements.
- Creates complex CNC programs from 3D models in MasterCAM or Autodesk Inventor HSM.
- Manually create CNC programs using G and M code.
- Designs and manufactures part holding fixtures.
- Measures parts with caliper, micrometer, and depth gage to guarantee specifications are met.
- Comprehensive understanding of machine speeds, feeds, and tooling.
- Defines required tooling, to complete a given job.
- Wears personal protective equipment in accordance with safety training guidelines.
- Transports finished goods safely to and from workstation as required by production.
- Handles small parts and tools.
- Provides estimated completion set- up and run times for specific jobs.
- Produces finished goods above the average shop pace.
- Keeps machines and work areas clean and free of hazards.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures paying special attention to safety regulations.
- Notifies management of product discrepancies, equipment malfunctions, and/or personal injuries.
- Reports to work for scheduled day and shift.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of MasterCAM 2020, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Work, Microsoft Excel.
Four to six years of prior experience in machinist positions, preferred.
- CNC mill
- CNC lathe
- Bench grinder
- Belt sander
- Drill Press
- Die grinder
- Vernier scales
- Digital position read outs
- Hand drill
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit, and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals, and vibration.
Compensation depends on Experience, Education & Skill Set. Hourly + Benefits, some overtime allowed
Hiring Requirements: Background Checks, Reference Checks, 12 Months Minimum Experience
Education Level: No Minimum Education Required
Requires a Driver’s License: Yes, Operator License
Minimum Salary: DOE (Depends on Experience) Hour
To Apply: Please email your Resume and Cover Letter in to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Job Title on the subject line.
Job Application Methods Accepted: Via Email
Global Precision Manufacturing
13355 Nevada City Ave.
Grass Valley, CA 95945
Contact: Marian Dressel
Phone: (530) 273-4135 ext. 114Background Checks, Reference Checks, 12 Months Minimum ExperienceMinimum Education and Experience