The Housekeeper contributes to the hotel’s commitment to high quality guest service
and teamwork. Deliver friendly, efficient customer service and create a warm and
welcoming atmosphere for all of our guest.
The Housekeeper is responsible for performing any combination of light cleaning duties
to maintain hotel guest rooms, in a clean and orderly manner. Duties may include
making beds, replenishing linens, cleaning rooms and halls, vacuuming, ensuring the
hotel rooms are maintained to the high presentation.
• Read and write English fluently (additional languages spoken would be an asset).
• Professional in demeanor and presentation well groomed.
• Must be dependable and reliable.
• Must be able to work in a fast paced environment.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Ability to relate well to Hotel guests and employees.
• Team player with good communication skills.
• The ability to work with little or no supervision.
• Strong interpersonal, organizational skills, quick learner, and detail-oriented
• Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and request
clarification when needed.
• Positive attitude and outgoing personality is essential
• Must be able to work shifts – days, evenings, weekends and holidays
Duties and Responsibilities
• Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts.
• Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
• Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, stairways, and
other work areas so that health standards are met.
• Empty wastebaskets, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
• Observe precautions required to protect hotel and guest property and report
damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
• Replenish supplies, such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and
• Vacuum carpets, dust furniture.
• Keep carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
• Wash windows, mirrors, woodwork, and bath/shower tubs.