Northland Communications is a nationally-recognized organization specializing in providing a variety of quality communication services that meet the needs of consumers and businesses located in smaller communities. We are seeking an assertive, goal orientated individual with the charisma and an exceptional aptitude to build and foster relationships through a team environment. Bring your business skills and we will provide an industry career path, surrounded and supported by our seasoned-professional staff and management.
This individual will join our team in the position of:
The Commercial Engineer will help facilitate sales revenue and retention through timely design, implementation and support of solutions used to solve customer telecommunications needs. It is responsible for driving technical sales engineering engagements in large, WAN, Managed Services, and Professional Services products and will act as a resource for both pre- and post-sales issues for Enterprise customers and complex sales. This is a field-based role that is primarily revenue driven and covers a regional geographic area. The position will be responsible for supporting several sales individuals and reports to the Commercial Engineer Manager.
- Experience in the following areas:
- Selling and winning large, complex WAN and Managed Services applications.
- Designing and selling solutions in a managed services environment.
- Training and coaching sales staff, with a strong ability to articulate technical concepts
- Designing LAN/WAN solutions including generating Bill of Materials.
- Strong understanding of
- VoIP and Hosted IP Telephony solutions
- Routing protocols, design, and theory.
- Understanding of network security design and theory
- Thrives on being highly organized and effectively managing time.
- Strong communicator both in writing and verbally
- Great presentation skills in complex sales environment including technical presentations to existing and new customers at an executive level
- Professional demeanor
- Revels in the challenge to resolve issues in a collaborative setting.
- Minimum 2 to 4 years of Pre-Sale Design and Solutions-based selling experience in a telecommunications environment
- Knowledge of data delivering technologies including T-1, DS3, Optical CWDM and GEPON and DOCSIS.
- Proficient in Visio, Excel, Word, PowerPoint etc.
- High School Diploma or equivalent; College education preferred.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel throughout the region
- MPLS and Data Center/Hosting experience preferred.
Northland offers an exciting benefits package including subsidized employee and dependent medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), company paid life insurance, vacation, holiday and sick pay and educational assistance. Voluntary life insurance and disability coverage are available.
To apply for this position, visit Northland’s Career page at www.yournorthland.com/careers
Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment drug test, motor vehicle record and background check required.Minimum Education and Experience