The Communications Manager is responsible for the engagement of a wide a range of internal and external stakeholders. The position works collaboratively with other leaders to maximize opportunities to engage, inform, and educate employees and stakeholders about the mission and work of Plumas District Hospital through a variety of communication channels, volunteer opportunities, and events. The position also serves as professional staff liaison to assigned committees and task forces, including but not limited to Plumas District Hospital Volunteers, Patient Family Advisory Council (PFAC), patient survey vendor(s) and others as assigned.
The position will utilize social and digital media, traditional media outlets, newsletter/direct mail, events, and/or outreach campaigns that are designed to develop relationships and increase community awareness of services offered by Plumas District Hospital while ensuring the message is compatible with the Hospital mission, vision, and values.
Required Education: Associate’s degree
Preferred Education: Bachelor’s degree
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience developing and managing public relations programs. Experience in the area of traditional and new media.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to interact with and manage the expectations of patients, vendors, partner agencies, and internal resources.
- Knowledge of the health care industry.
- Must be a flexible and mature individual capable of decision-making and problem solving.
- Ability to realign priorities as needed, handing interruptions.
- Must be able to work under deadlines.
- Utilize efficient written and oral communications
- Present before an audience
- Prepare and control budgets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other pertinent software applications
- Proficient in research, interpreting and analyzing data
Physical Requirements: Maintain emotional control under stress. Occasional travel. Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.