Conduct parent and childcare provider training. Conduct outreach, build capacity, and refine the childcare resource. Adhere to agency policies, funding terms and conditions, and promote the agency mission.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Develop and coordinate training programs with enhanced individual training. Select, recruit, and train participants in becoming childcare providers.
- Apply knowledge of parent-child interaction skills, child development, and child management techniques. Instruct participants to build positive parent/provider communication techniques.
- Establish and maintain a schedule of trainings and workshops that provide opportunities for child care providers and parents to update and improve skills.
- Stay abreast of current and on-going research and practices in the field of child development and early childhood.
- Provide leadership to establish and maintain a trusting relationship with participants. Assist participants in establishing and effectively implementing his/her program plan and guide participants to reach the goals and objectives created in the plan in a self-reliant manner.
- Monitor case records; evaluate participant performance, while maintaining a mutually helpful working relationship with program participants, their case managers, and other agencies.
- Meet and report with supervisor and R & R team on a monthly basis. Submit board reports of activities and outcomes on a monthly basis.
- Establish and maintain a professional relationship with all service agencies. Familiarity with and advanced knowledge of community resources and how to meet the needs of participants
- Conduct home visits to childcare providers under the supervision and direction of the R & R Program Director. Implement appropriate child development curriculum during home visits.
- Assist R & R Program Director and other staff as needed. Other duties as assigned
- Must be able to travel outside Del Norte County for extended periods
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS: The requirements listed below are the minimum requirements allowed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Teach positive parent/child, provider/child interaction skills.
- Knowledge of child development, family and childcare dynamics.
- Ability to learn Childcare Licensing Regulations.
- Knowledge and belief in non-violent approaches to discipline.
- Correct English usage including spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of consumers, employees, and other organizations. Ability to make referrals to professionals as appropriate.
- Must possess the ability to input data, create forms, flyers, and brochures.
- Possess the ability to propose a budget plan and stay within budget guidelines.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to work a varied schedule, including evenings, weekends, and early mornings. Must possess a valid California driver’s license, current insurance, and have a vehicle for transportation. Child Passenger Safety certificate is helpful. Certified CPR, CA Child Care First Aid, and Preventative Health and Safety Practice experience helpful.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Ability to use IBM compatible computers with working knowledge of Windows 2000. Knowledge of Excel and Publisher is helpful. Capability to use a multi-line phone system, fax machine, copier, electronic word processor, 10-key adding machine, and postage meter. Bi-lingual experience is helpful.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to sit, stand, talk, and hear.
Ability to lift 20 pounds.
Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time.
Ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls and reach with hands or arms.
Ability to drive an automobile.
The Del Norte Child Care Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: This is intended as a general descriptive recruitment guide and is subject to change
It does not constitute either an expressed or implied contract.Minimum Education and Experience